Knowledge Base
Community

Giffgaff seems to be making what appears to be a big impression

Started by: petext200
On: 14/10/2010 | 18:27
Replies: 16

by: kevvy57
on: 14/10/2010 | 23:33
it's nice to see prices falling, in a world where most prices increase, and increase slower than wage increases it great to get things cheaper

i sure giffgaff will continue to grow, and i sure the deals and offers will gorw as well. and we will be able to mix and match a goodybag almost perfectly to each individuals needs
Message 11 of 17
by: daveysludge
on: 14/10/2010 | 23:41
GG is still very small, but this market will become very competetive with new MVNO's(backed by the other big networks) entering the fray...
micro Simmicro Simmicro Sim
Message 12 of 17
by: bobomeister
on: 15/10/2010 | 06:35

is there any evidence/knowledge of any other network developing a giffgaff style mvno?

Message 13 of 17
by: rlproper
on: 15/10/2010 | 11:27
That depends on what you mean by giffgaff style. Have you looked at the blog post "6 months of goodybags?" They mention a company called Vectone which looks to be a bit of a copy of the goodybag stuff. A quick google soon found me dissatisfied customers of theirs though and they won't be offering payback points like Giffgaff do.
I try to give good info but remember I am just another customer.
Message 14 of 17
by: daveysludge
on: 15/10/2010 | 11:46
From what I read earlier this year, Vodafone have something in the pipeline, maybe its the 'icard mobile' recently mentioned on here...
micro Simmicro Simmicro Sim
Message 15 of 17
by: inklebraids
on: 15/10/2010 | 15:51
I think I'll be sticking with giffgaff - I need the O2 network because of where I live and work, but was unhappy at the O2 pricing. The unlimited internet gets my loyalty...
Message 16 of 17
Highlighted
by: gazzathered
on: 16/10/2010 | 12:38 edited: 16/10/2010 | 13:21

I dont see how much further prices can drop. It would seem that people want something for nothing but what would be the point in that. If prices are too low then any company would find that unsustainable. Good luck to giffgaff and I for one am very very happy with the service I receive for what I consider to be a fair price. I would however be interested to see how long the payback will go on for. Without knowing the breakdown costs of running a network I wouldnt be able to comment but make hay while the sun shines.  It would be interesting to know across the spectrum of customers giffgaff has, how many percentage wise benefit from pay back. Aside from introducing the odd new customer how many actually participate in the online forum? If its only a small percentage then perhaps giffgaff can keep the payback going indefinately but if every single customer decided to go for payback by actively taking part would giffgaff still be able to afford it? Time will tell.  

He hangs in crucified delight, Nailed to the extent of his vision,
His cross, his manhood, violence, guilt, sin,
He would nail my body upon his cross
Message 17 of 17