Knowledge Base
Community

Giffgaff seems to be making what appears to be a big impression

Started by: petext200
On: 14/10/2010 | 18:27
Replies: 16

by: petext200
on: 14/10/2010 | 18:27

Now I know that giffgaff isn't the biggest network in the world, but in the last few months, some networks have managed to make deals that on the face of it, work out cheaper than giffgaff. I know that at the end of the day its all abnout usage and the like, but it seems that tesco are currently doing a better deal and that icard that I've seen a few times are proper competition for giffgaff.

i think i have underestimated the size of giffgaff, I didn't think it had that many members but I think I'm very wrong Smiley Indifferent. Since giffgaff has kind of grown with the half price summer promotion and payback, it seems that many networks have tried to out-do giffgaff and on the front, looks like it's working. I'm aiming to stick with giffgaff, mainly because of the payback but i think they may need to pull something else out of the hat to try to attract people that may not look as deep into this as I did.

many people just look at the prices and if they aren't happy, they won't give it a second chance so giffgaff may have to think about this quite carefully...

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 17
by: didi
on: 14/10/2010 | 18:29

Yeah I know but I don't think that any other network will try to give all of their customers payback other than giffgaff which makes it so unique Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 17
by: theshadowman
on: 14/10/2010 | 18:30

I think the fact that the other networks are trying to immitate and compete with giffgaff speaks volumes!

Message 3 of 17
by: nnj10
on: 14/10/2010 | 18:31

@petext200 wrote:
I'm aiming to stick with giffgaff, mainly because of the payback but i think they may need to pull something else out of the hat to try to attract people that may not look as deep into this as I did.

May be just extend the Free internet for further 6 monthsSmiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 17
by: petext200
on: 14/10/2010 | 18:31
@theshadowman an excellent point! Smiley Happy What I fear though is that perhaps the bigger networks may see this as a potential threat and try to follow, seems very unlikely but we may cheekily see prices slowly go down perhaps? I don't know but I just fear for giffgaff's growth, especially if the bigger networks manage to reduce their prices
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 17
by: andreww
on: 14/10/2010 | 18:34

giffgaff is the best deal as far as I'm concerned. I've put £20 on in top ups and have £140 in credit/payback pending already. No other network lets me phone / text all my mates for free and offers a (by Christmas I estimate) 1000% return on my original investment Smiley Very Happy

Probably having a beer in the sunshine somewhere.
Message 6 of 17
by: theshadowman
on: 14/10/2010 | 18:34
Well I think lower prices all round are a good thing.
As the networks lower their prices, the connection charges they all charge eachother to connect calls over to their network will reduce too and everybody wins.
Competition is good in business, and the best man should come out on top.
Message 7 of 17
by: patrice58
on: 14/10/2010 | 18:35
A great post I have to say, but giffgaff I doubt even has the amount of members that the old genie mobile/o2 online does. In saying that tho the community is much better here. As for price sure some of the goodybags are not the best rate wise, most likely because of the free unlimited internet (goodybag wise) and free giff to giff calls. That needs to be paid for somehow and the cost is as you can see not the best value for money on goodybags.
Message 8 of 17
by: dawsonator1
on: 14/10/2010 | 22:16

The unlimited internet costs gg a large proportion of the tariff. I still think overall gg has a compelling offering, though.

Message 9 of 17
by: soldiers33
on: 14/10/2010 | 22:20
As long as giffgaff can continue offering these great deals I'm happy with that. Plus tesco doesn't offer free tesco to tesco calls as giffgaff does. Which is the main reason I joined.
Message 10 of 17