Community

[Give help button]Helper's Toolbox - feedback thread

Started by: roxy_r
On: 28/03/2018 | 10:35
Replies: 173

by: harrrrrry
on: 30/08/2018 | 12:13

@roxy_r

Probably not your greatest priority at the moment, but there are a few "ease of use" errors that ought to be put on the drawing board:

• When filters are set, it ought to be possible to toggle them individually using icons alongside the filters message
  • After clicking on a thread title, it's not possible to use the normal BACK key on a desktop browser
  • The back link in the top left corner does go back to the thread list, but that's more clumsy than hitting the normal BACK key -- and does not restore the proper position when scrolled down, which proper implementation using the BACK key would also do automatically
  • It ought to be possible to control-click a thread title and have it open in a new tab. Again, this is a standard browser facility which would "just work automatically" if the thread titles were implemented as proper <A...> links instead of other methods.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 171 of 174
by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 30/08/2018 | 13:39
Thanks @harrrrrry! Useful suggestions. I will try and investigate how hard would it be to implement these.

The back from browser thing is something we have been looking at even for the new KB index page. It is a bit challenging because of the custom built design but we are looking into how much we can align it with a helper's natural behaviour.
community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 172 of 174
by: giffgaff20147
on: 31/08/2018 | 12:29

@roxy_r

Hello is there something wrong with the new give help , 

I took a look yesterday and found it very confusing so today have tryed to use it only to find if you click on a thread you cannot scroll down to read the replys it just flys back upto the original thread 

am using iPhone 6 

yesterday it was fine to scroll 

thanks 

Mary 

Message 173 of 174
Highlighted
by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 31/08/2018 | 12:36
Thanks for letting me know @giffgaff20147! I will see if we get the same and get it looked at.
community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 174 of 174