Knowledge Base
Community

Goodwill gesture following outage

Started by: thislife
On: 07/12/2018 | 00:21
Replies: 9

by: thislife
on: 07/12/2018 | 00:21

I do think that Giffgaff should make some sort of gesture of goodwill to those of us that have been affected all day by the service outage, in a similar way to the obligation upon utility companies to pay compensation for outages. I'm disappointed to see all the childish comments, and mockery on this forum of those making such requests.

Message 1 of 10
by: 4128334
on: 07/12/2018 | 01:49
@thislife
Good Morning,
I am sure you will agree that the most important thing at the moment is to get service restored to all members who have had a terrible experience yesterday.
I am sure that once giffgaff have the network back running 100% they will turn their attention to the question of compensation.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 10
by: natty88
on: 07/12/2018 | 05:06

@thislife until full service is restored and giffgaff make an announcement in the announcements thread none of us can honestly say sorry 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 10
on: 07/12/2018 | 05:52
Not a single e-mail to explain what's going on is disappointing to say the least! Shouldn't be up to media organisations to explain what's happening with giffgaff service. They should remember the many members who don't congregate these messaging forums and communicate via different methods.
Message 4 of 10
by: spiritquest
on: 07/12/2018 | 08:19
@thislife
Good morning, I do hope that your service and data have been fully restored and you are having a better day today. Enjoy all you do today and try not to get upset at other peoples comments. We all have to be keenly aware that each of our situations is different, and many users rely solely on their data packages. Also many people never give the gg community a glance, so yes, I understand your frustration. Happy weekend!
Message 5 of 10
by: jt_21
on: 07/12/2018 | 14:46

@thislife wrote:

Not a single e-mail to explain what's going on is disappointing to say the least! Shouldn't be up to media organisations to explain what's happening with giffgaff service. They should remember the many members who don't congregate these messaging forums and communicate via different methods.

@thislife There's an announcement from Ash @vespaash2 about a 'goodwill fund' set aside, some emails will be sent out, you can read the announcement here 

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/December-6th-s-outage-what-we-re-doing-to-say-sorry/...

Message 6 of 10
on: 07/12/2018 | 15:33 edited: 07/12/2018 | 15:35

In my area it wasn't just data, it was SMS and also difficulties with calling. Thanks to the BBC and Guardian news for keeping me updated regarding giffgaff service .

Message 7 of 10
Highlighted
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:02 edited: 07/12/2018 | 16:05

@thislife

Same for me .... just seemed it was the data, was about to change settings/do sim swaps and all sorts until a few family members on giffgaff said the same too .... that's when I decided to leave well alone ..., as time went on .... realised it was the calls too that were a bit hit and miss .... then the texts were too. 

You can always head to the giffgaff forum index here https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/ForumIndex and click on 'service updates' or 'announcements' for the latest on the giffgaff network (providing you have wifi if the mobile data is off) 

Message 8 of 10
on: 07/12/2018 | 16:40
Yes. I appreciate the team were busy, but a simple e-mail acknowledgement sent to customers I would have thought would have been the first thing to do. I've had several silly emails from Giffgaff today due to my posting here... apparently after 9 years I've earned "beginner status!" But still no service email!
Message 9 of 10
on: 07/12/2018 | 18:28

@thislife wrote:

Yes. I appreciate the team were busy, but a simple e-mail acknowledgement sent to customers I would have thought would have been the first thing to do. I've had several silly emails from Giffgaff today due to my posting here... apparently after 9 years I've earned "beginner status!" But still no service email!

@thislife yes they could have pinged an email, A beginner? 😂, I think you've been here from 'the beginning' 

Message 10 of 10