Community

Goody Bags idea - Money back

Started by: terryowilson
On: 13/09/2015 | 12:06
Replies: 18

by: terryowilson
on: 13/09/2015 | 12:06

Hi,

I am new to the GiffGaff community and i see we run this show so I thought i'd come up with an idea that i'm sure people would love and appreciate, hopefully GiffGaff will listen too.

How about crediting money back into a customers account for purchasing a new GoodyBag if they do not use all their allowance by the end of their month and could have purchased a cheaper Goody Bag? For example, if i buy a £20 unlimited Goody bag but i clearly only used my phone within the allowance of a £12 GoodyBag then GiffGaff could be so kind to credit my account with the difference which can only be used in purchasing a new GoodyBag. 

I think this would be a real leap forward in mobile/customer relations and create a buzz about GiffGaffs generosity or just fairness. 

I'd be surprised if this would happen. Happy GiffGaffing ;-)

El Tel

Message 1 of 19
by: argos1
on: 13/09/2015 | 12:10
Hi, this was asked before on the old ideas board but didn't get anywhere
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 19
by: shumz1
on: 13/09/2015 | 12:11
yh sounds good same some money too
Message 3 of 19
by: denizdy87
on: 13/09/2015 | 12:12
I dont think this is a good idea. giffgaff would be losing money. Its already paying huge amount of payback to members
Message 4 of 19
by: terryowilson
on: 13/09/2015 | 12:22 edited: 13/09/2015 | 12:26

How many people buy small goody bags to save money but then run out and simply don't top up until the month runs out........GiffGaff lose money there. This might stimulate people to buy bigger Goody Bags knowing that what they dont use will be paid back.......wonder how that would balance out but expect GiffGaff may make more money in the long run and even gain/attract more custom because of how fair they are as a company........

People may be inclined to use more of their allowance too instead of minute/data/text watching = more money for GG

Message 5 of 19
by: xollobru
on: 13/09/2015 | 19:49

@terryowilson

Cashback and/or rollover of unused allowances have been the subject of many ideas and rejected by giffgaff, here is an explanation from a previous idea:

[11th Feb 2015]: This idea has been set to 'Not For Us'. 

Hi everyone,

We've been having in depth discussions about this for a while due to it's tremendous support. This has been a genuinely record breaking idea for the amount of Kudos it's received in such a short time. Ultimately we've had to hold up our hands and say, despite this being giffgaffy and something we would love to do for our members, this can't be done. After running the numbers, it's not financially viable and would actually add complexity to our offerings. Part of the attraction of goodybags is the freedom to use what you want, and we'd be concerned about adding pressure onto members to not use their phone, or pay for more than they need if they expect to get cashback.

Thanks for your support on this, please don't hestiate to post ideas like this in future as we really appreciate the thought, effort and desire to make giffgaff better.

Message 6 of 19
by: mcilwraith
on: 13/09/2015 | 20:23

Payback is enough so its not for me

Message 7 of 19
by: wilpatgala
on: 14/09/2015 | 08:27
Yes good idea and when we do not use the whole tin of beans we bought at Tesco, take back what is left and get a refund. Same thing.
All the prices on Giffgaff and other networks will probably taken in to account some non usage thus no refunds. When we buy a goodybag though, it is then our responsibility on how we use it. Good try though.
Get a free giffgaff SIM. It includes £5 free credit, yay!
Message 8 of 19
by: inspiron42
on: 16/09/2015 | 08:19
Like all ideas of this type, you need to state what the benefit to giffgaff is. There is probably a way around the current complications of implementation, but I don't think anyone has thought of it yet.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 19
by: jimfraegala
on: 16/09/2015 | 08:52

Hi @terryowilson this is a great, but a very much vaunted idea which has been put forward a few times. It is a good suggestion but will never happen. Business is business and that's how it works.

It is almost like going in to a shop buy your shopping then returning at the end of the month with the stuff you would end up throwing out because you did not use it. I cannot see the likes of Asda or tesco giving you a refund and neither will Giffgaff, sorry.

Jim

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 19