Community

Goody bag que in advance

Started by: pma1
On: 25/11/2018 | 16:14
Replies: 6

Go to best answer
by: pma1
on: 25/11/2018 | 16:14

Just wondering here.. Id love to be able to que about 5 goody bags in a row. But can only do up to two.. It would be nice to pay 12 months in advance rather than doing the reacure system .Would Giff gaff consider? 

Message 1 of 7
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: k89bpa
on: 25/11/2018 | 20:31
Don't be discouraged @pma1, it's a brilliant idea, it's just naturally gonna be poo-pooed by the people who have no use of it but I could see others who would find such a thing useful, myself included.

I pay my contracts far in advance of what I need to because I can bar non-inclusive usage.

Having the security of knowing that should your financial situation change you're still covered for service, (and or any obligations you might have), whilst sorting any issues out makes life a lot less stressful even if you never have need of that buffer.
Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
For the meaning behind the codes in my posts search the code GGK-0228-2309
Message 7 of 7
on: 25/11/2018 | 16:33
Excellent idea, I fully support it.

There is a labs thing somewhere that you can post such ideas to, (check if it's already been suggested, if it has merely add your voice to that one), for consideration and voting.

An idea like this would likely attract a lot of support.

That labs thing is @ https://labs.giffgaff.com/ if you wanna have a look to see if similar has already been suggested.

If it hasn't, please do submit it and once it's live, be sure to share the link for upvotes a plenty. :-)
Message 2 of 7
by: geu42
on: 25/11/2018 | 18:50
But if you just add your card details you can set your goodybags to recurr every month anyway, until you decide to stop. Wouldn't that better than giving your money upfront?

Imagine paying 12 months in advance and then the company went bust. How long before you could recover your money?
Message 3 of 7
by: kath72
on: 25/11/2018 | 19:31
Probably never @geu42

Plus the whole point of payg and the gg goody bag model is to allow flexibility.

@pma1 I expect you would never change your mind and need a different package but plenty of people would causing unnecessary admin.

Also if you add all your credit at once your free gg calls would expire after 3 months which would be a shame for the £5 and £7.50 bag users and again cause all sorts of complaints
Message 4 of 7
by: pma1
on: 25/11/2018 | 19:40

A very fair point made by all.. But I'd like to be able to pay upfront (my income depends month on month)  for a year if I wanted to. I understand Giff gaff is flexible. But I've been with them for over 5 years and trust and know what I want.. 

Message 5 of 7
by: sloz
on: 25/11/2018 | 20:20
@pma1
Hi, what about depositing an ammount that covers a certain number of goodybags in a separate account (with linked debit card)
Or
Depositing in a PayPal account

You can then set up a recurring goodybag to use monthly goodybags untill the lump sum deposit is exhausted
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
on: 25/11/2018 | 20:31
Don't be discouraged @pma1, it's a brilliant idea, it's just naturally gonna be poo-pooed by the people who have no use of it but I could see others who would find such a thing useful, myself included.

I pay my contracts far in advance of what I need to because I can bar non-inclusive usage.

Having the security of knowing that should your financial situation change you're still covered for service, (and or any obligations you might have), whilst sorting any issues out makes life a lot less stressful even if you never have need of that buffer.
Message 7 of 7