Knowledge Base
Community

GoodyBag (Plan) Promise: The right GoodyBag for you?

Started by: thunderdragon
On: 20/07/2016 | 12:15
Replies: 8

Go to best answer
by: thunderdragon
on: 20/07/2016 | 12:15
Hi guys! Long time no post! :-)
When I joined GiffGaff a couple of months ago I wanted to benefit from a plan with inclusive calls and unlimited SMS messaging, so naturally made a beeline for the GBP 7.50 GoodyBag. As I had my initial GBP 10.00 airtime credit and a fiver referral bonus I bought and queued two 7.50 GoodyBags to see me through until the middle of last week, when the latter of the two expired.

However: When looking at my usage statements for the past couple of months, it would seem that my usage is much more consistent with the GBP 5.00 GoodyBag. In the first month I made 84 mins of calls and sent 226 SMS messages, then 37 mins and 104 SMS last month (I assume at least 50% of those SMSs were to GG numbers)...And in view of this I've just queued up a GBP 5.00 GoodyBag for the month from today (Plus a fiver cash credit to cover light roaming in Germany next week) so I don't spend more than I need to, like I did with the two 7.50 GBs previously.

Q: Would GiffGaff ever consider offering a GoodyBag Promise, where a customer would be allowed to retroactively upgrade/downgrade their GoodyBag (To a maximum of one service level in each direction) to cover for circumstances like mine above where one over/under estimates their usage? This would make life easier for many customers in saving them from having to estimate their usage to a fine degree, would let customers like me "recycle" any overspent GB credit into other GBs or calling credit, and would let those in the opposite situation save themselves from spending wayyy more than they would have done if theyd've chosen one GB higher!
This would also make GiffGaff a more attractive proposition for many people, and especially those who really get hurt by inadvertently over-speccing their GoodyBag plan. :-)

Looking forward to reading your views and GiffGaffs response when I've got a bit more free time! (Probably in a few weeks :-) )
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 1 of 9
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: gindygoo
on: 20/07/2016 | 13:35
Hmm I'm guessing that the extra income from either leftover minutes texts or data, or purchasing a GB early is actually factored into profits to a certain extent.

I doubt that gg will want to be decreasing income especially as it's wholly owned by Telefonica who are millions of £'s in debt. If anything it'd likely be a move in the opposite direction to increase income.

Nice thought, but doubtful it'll materialise.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 9
by: gindygoo
on: 20/07/2016 | 13:35
Hmm I'm guessing that the extra income from either leftover minutes texts or data, or purchasing a GB early is actually factored into profits to a certain extent.

I doubt that gg will want to be decreasing income especially as it's wholly owned by Telefonica who are millions of £'s in debt. If anything it'd likely be a move in the opposite direction to increase income.

Nice thought, but doubtful it'll materialise.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 9
by: padiho
on: 20/07/2016 | 14:22

@thunderdragon The idea is certainly attractive but for the reasons stated by @gindygoo I can't see it happening any time soon 😰

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 9
by: navvy
on: 20/07/2016 | 14:48

@thunderdragon

It's an attractive idea for users, but probably not for the company.  At the moment they can't even correctly read the usage data for the Monthly Usage Statement, so the advice for the next goodybag is shown wrongly.

It would be very interesting to see if staff can generate statistics about how much giffgaff income would go down if everyone had chosen the perfect goodybag for their usage.

I suspect that the goodybag prices or allowances would need to be adjusted upwards to compensate, so that total income remained the same.

Message 4 of 9
by: paulipat45
on: 21/07/2016 | 15:17

I do like your way of thinking @thunderdragon and it all sounds pretty good but cannot see it hapening.

Message 5 of 9
by: tony_betteridge
on: 21/07/2016 | 19:10

Even Giffgaff will rely on users paying for more than they use.

Message 6 of 9
by: wilpatgala
on: 21/07/2016 | 19:22

Nice idea @thunderdragon but do you really see that happening? I don't, sorry.

Get a free giffgaff SIM. It includes £5 free credit, yay!
Message 7 of 9
by: figment_uk
on: 22/07/2016 | 07:42
If you bought a large bag of chips, would the chippy take back what you weren't able to eat?

The idea of bundled allowances is that the customer has to guess in advance what they are likely to use in a month and buy accordingly.
I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
by: claw
on: 22/07/2016 | 09:13 edited: 22/07/2016 | 09:15

An interesting idea but I don't see it happening unfortunately. 

Apart from the already stated it would be complicated to run and probably cost more in admin including custiomer support queries. 

Message 9 of 9