Community

Guide: Payback (Part 2)

Started by: jack17938
On: 10/10/2010 | 20:08
Replies: 5

by: jack17938
on: 10/10/2010 | 20:08 edited: 10/10/2010 | 20:43

Earning - Forum Participation

On top of all the other ways mentioned for earning payback, you can also earn by helping out on the forums.

The amount you get depends on how much you have done, this is decided by giffgaff staff and is not counted by posts and kudos alone. There are 4 brackets, high, medium, low and none. You will be sorted into these brackets and the correct amount of payback given. You can see the amount of payback you get here, this is updated by Robbie every month.

How To Claim Payback

Claiming payback is easy - when you get the "final" statement (at the start of June and December) you then have 14 days to select how you want payback (the different options are explained in the next section) - just go to "My giffgaff" and on the payback statement it will give you the option to select how you want payback.

Click this button then it will take you to a screen to select how you want it, choose your option and confirm.

Done! It will get processed later in the month (detailed dates will be stated later).

Ways of Claiming Payback

Payback comes in 3 forms, the first is cash - which is sent via PayPal, all PayPal costs are covered by giffgaff.

The second option is credit, just added to your phone.

The final option is a donation to Caner Research (the chosen charity by the community) - all donations will be matched by giffgaff.

Payback Dates

The important dates EVERY month are simple. On the last day of the month at midnight that is the cut off for that month, anything made after that date will be in NEXT month's statement.

Around the 5th of the month a statement is issued, telling you what you have earnt over the month previous. i.e. The statement issued on October 5th would be for September.

The next payback date will be happening the first week of December. These are all the key dates:

• November 30 - Current Payback period ends. We'll collect all the points you've earned from June 1 until midnight on November 30.
  • December 1 - December 2 - giffgaff tallies your points. Any points earning activity by you or your friends that happens after midnight on November 30 will be captured and paid put at the end of May 2011.
  • December 3 - Final points statement & choosing section opens. You'll receive the final points statement around December 3 and you'll be able to make your decision on what to do with your points.
  • December 3 - December 14 - Make your choice online. During this period you'll have to go to My giffgaff click on the new My Payback page (that will go LIVE from around June 3) and choose how you want to receive your Payback (as cash, as airtime or donate them to charity). Once you make this choice you can't change it - so chose carefully.
  • December 15 - Payment is made. We will process your payments on December 15 and will take a different amount of time depending on the option you choose.

An important note: You need to top-up within 3 months of the final payback date to be eligible for payback. Except for our VIG's though.

FAQ's

Q - Can I get 500 points even if my friend has already activated the SIM

A - Unfortunately, no.

Q - Can I get payback via BACS or cheque?

A - Yet again, no - sorry.

Q - How many SIM's can I order at one time

A - You can order 3 at a time, with a max of 10 unactivated at one time.

Q - I have sent more than 30 emails what will happen?

A - You will get payback for your first 30 emails, after that payback is not awarded.

For more FAQ's about payback see herehttp://giffgaff.com/index/payback

Tags: payback, points, forum participation, emails, spread the word, send a SIM.

Message 1 of 6
by: neil40
on: 10/10/2010 | 20:15
Thanks for that jack.I'm sure it will answer a few questions that people have about the payback system.
Neil
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 6
by: perola
on: 10/10/2010 | 20:26
One thing that you don't seem to have mentioned is the requirement to top up at least once in the 3 months before the relevant payback date.
Message 3 of 6
by: jack17938
on: 10/10/2010 | 20:28
Many thanks,

Will add that.
Message 4 of 6
by: nanjayman
on: 10/10/2010 | 22:24

Good work JackSmiley Wink

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted