Knowledge Base
Community

Helpers: How do you convert credit into a goodybag?

Started by: hazel22
On: 21/10/2014 | 18:54
Replies: 30

by: vorb
on: 21/10/2014 | 23:04
I just use common sense. Smiley Wink
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind."

- Terry Pratchett, Eric
Message 11 of 31
by: mathew40
on: 21/10/2014 | 23:06
Hi there its me again.
If you would like to purchase a goodybag Or Gigabag,firstly you need to either top up using your giffgaff or o2 voucher, or credit/debit card,you can also simply buy the goodybag/Gigabag that you want,directly from your credit/debit card,without topping up first. The minimum top up amount using a voucher is £10.
If you want to buy a goodybag, and you have topped up with a voucher, you now need to convert your top up credit, for your goodybag, which is really easy to do.
Please remember that topping up doesn't automatically give you a goodybag, it just adds credit to your account, we call it "airtime credit ".
Ok so remember, it's not automatically done just by topping up and the next step is to go to TOP UP,and then convert it to a goodybag or Gigabag by selecting the goodybag/Gigabag that you want to buy.

1) Click onto my giffgaff
2) Click onto Top Up
3) Click onto goodybags or Gigabags
4) select the goodybag or Gigabag that you want ,then press select.
5) Ok,on the next page,click onto Continue.
6) Now select "exchange airtime credit".

Now how easy was that.......

Please also remember that goodybags/gigabags last for one month at a time,but CAN now be cancelled,before your expiry date, see here
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/News-Announcements/Introducing-Early-Re-purchase-on-Goodybags-and-G...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 31
by: mathew40
on: 21/10/2014 | 23:07
Hi there again.
To take a look at your payment details,and CHANGE either your card details,billing address,or recur/change your goodybag or auto top up,simply click onto this link https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details cheers.
If you would like to change/cancel your current recurring goodybag,please click onto this link and take a look at a great guide http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/How-can-I-change-my-recurring-goodybag/ta-p/5130398

Please also check out this link
http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Recurring-goodybags-guide/ta-p/4753858?utm_source=gi...

Please also check out this link here http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/News-Announcements/Introducing-Early-Re-purchase-on-Goodybags-and-G...
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 31
by: islandstifle
on: 22/10/2014 | 08:13
I tried to submit something last night but it crashed and lost my text Smiley Sad

In any event I needn't have worried as my colleagues have submitted excellent work. I would emphasize two points.

1 by @djbonner07 to make sure your phone's switched off, connected to wifi, or has mobile internet disabled before you activate a top up voucher. This prevents the scenario where a member with no credit activates a voucher, and their phone then gets to go online and uses some credit on background data. If the member had wanted to use the full voucher value on his goodybag purchase, he'll now be a few pence short. He'll post on the community, get told (incorrectly) that it's a "penny glitch" and (correctly) that the agents will help him. The agents will indeed top up a few pence but the member may have used more internet by then or is at best disconnected for a few hours whilst the agents get back to him.

2. by @rayhoo The reasons why the exchange airtime credit button won't appear, except remove the one about auto top up credit because that isn't actually right.

Both of the above are very regular queries on the help forum.
All my posts are specific to you; I never copy/paste from a script.

If you need an agent, use http://giffgaff.com/support/ask and choose the relevant category. Please refrain from using the j.mp link, the SIM limit form, or "choosing 30" from the drop-down menu.
Message 14 of 31
by: rayhoo
on: 22/10/2014 | 09:52

@islandstifle wrote:
I tried to submit something last night but it crashed and lost my text Smiley Sad

In any event I needn't have worried as my colleagues have submitted excellent work. I would emphasize two points.

1 by @djbonner07 to make sure your phone's switched off, connected to wifi, or has mobile internet disabled before you activate a top up voucher. This prevents the scenario where a member with no credit activates a voucher, and their phone then gets to go online and uses some credit on background data. If the member had wanted to use the full voucher value on his goodybag purchase, he'll now be a few pence short. He'll post on the community, get told (incorrectly) that it's a "penny glitch" and (correctly) that the agents will help him. The agents will indeed top up a few pence but the member may have used more internet by then or is at best disconnected for a few hours whilst the agents get back to him.

2. by @rayhoo The reasons why the exchange airtime credit button won't appear, except remove the one about auto top up credit because that isn't actually right.

Both of the above are very regular queries on the help forum.

Hi,

As you say, the 'Exchange airtime credit' button is available whilst Auto Top-up is enabled (i've tested that myself) but I added that information after coming across the following in the Knowledge base (though I haven't come across this scenario myself):

Notes

• If you usually use recurring goodybags, you must turn them off before buying a goodybag from credit
  • The option to exchange airtime credit for a goodybag will not appear under the following circumstances, as these options require payment via debit or credit card:
    • you do not have enough airtime credit to pay for the goodybag you've selected; or
    • you add additional credit, to your basket; or
    • you set your goodybag to recur; or
    • you set credit to auto top-up.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I assume (as it's in the knowledge base) that this was tested before publishing so I thought i should add it.

Guide to goodybags

Message 15 of 31
by: figment_uk
on: 22/10/2014 | 11:36 edited: 22/10/2014 | 11:42

@rayhoo 

You can buy a goodybag from credit if auto top-up was already on, but (as far as I'm aware) you cannot if you set auto top-up on in the same transaction.

I've just checked and the option to turn on auto top-up is only available if you also add airtime credit to your basket (which in itself prevents you exchanging airtime credit).

I will correct the KB article presently.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 16 of 31
by: rayhoo
on: 22/10/2014 | 11:45 edited: 22/10/2014 | 13:04

@figment_uk wrote:

@rayhoo 

You can buy a goodybag from credit if auto top-up was already on, but (as far as I'm aware) you cannot if you set auto top-up on in the same transaction.

Hi,

Yes, that's what I took it to be as a card would be required for payment, so I guess in this case a straight forward goodybag purchase from existing airtime credit doesn't really need the Auto top-up warning.  

Thanks for responding!

Message 17 of 31
by: rgjusa
on: 22/10/2014 | 14:10

From memory, the one item I would mske up clear up front that as you start the process, then about NN screens in it is where you will get the choice to select how you want to top-up. I think a lot of confusion comes from the fact that people think they are heading down a blind alley and back out of it before they get to the screen that says "use airtime credit".

Other than that there is some very good tips in here, some a little long, but good nonetheless.

Well done all, this is what makes giffgaff different !

Message 18 of 31
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 22/10/2014 | 14:55
Nice guide @rayhoo
Think I will bookmark this 😊😊
green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 19 of 31