Community

Hours that Agents are available to answer queries

Started by: peeter
On: 10/04/2010 | 12:25
Replies: 11

by: peeter
on: 10/04/2010 | 12:25

Hi All,

I think it would be very useful to have the Days/Hours that agents are actually available posted somewhere prominent on the site.

Then members would know that if they use 'Ask an Agent' outside of the stated hours they will not get a response until the stated hours they are available.

Cheers,

Pete

Message 1 of 12
by: geekonthepc
on: 10/04/2010 | 15:49

Good idea. But if you think about it, generally most companies operate on business hours. 

It might be nice, but to be honest I'm not terribly fussed.

A little bit lost with your new network? Have a look at my handcrafted online manual - head over to the giffgaff bible. It explains everything you need to know. Smiley Happy

That little star on the left can make my day Smiley Happy. If I've said something that's useful, feel free to press it. Thank you. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 12
on: 10/04/2010 | 22:23

Hi geekonthepc,

I take your point about companies mainly operating during office hours, but I was thinking more about all the people who move to giffgaff from the big networks.

They will be used to getting a response from customer service up till 10pm or maybe later, and if they message 'Ask an Agent' outside office hours they will get no response, which may give them a bad impression about giffgaff's customer service.

It was just a thought, as someone asked about the hours they operate earlier today.

Cheers

Pete

Message 3 of 12
on: 10/04/2010 | 22:33

OK that puts it a bit more clearly - I understand where you're getting at a bit better.

Perhaps yeah - maybe when it isn't office hours the site could have a message saying the customer may not get a response until the next working day - maybe recommending them to try the forums first?

A little bit lost with your new network? Have a look at my handcrafted online manual - head over to the giffgaff bible. It explains everything you need to know. Smiley Happy

That little star on the left can make my day Smiley Happy. If I've said something that's useful, feel free to press it. Thank you. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 12
on: 10/04/2010 | 22:52

Sorry I didn't explain very well in my initial post what I had in mind.

Yes - something like an auto-response from 'Ask an Agent' outside of the hours its manned could be good, hopefully Vincent will read this at some point and give his thoughts on the subject.

Cheers,

Pete

Message 5 of 12
on: 10/04/2010 | 22:54

I like the idea and have given kudos. See what gg has to say Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 12
on: 10/04/2010 | 22:58

Thanks for the kudos. Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 12
by: jonmd
on: 10/04/2010 | 23:45

I've never had to use the ask an agent function so far, but you have a point. Have some kudos.

If you find the information above useful, please click the star to the left to give me kudos
Message 8 of 12
on: 11/04/2010 | 00:04

Thanks for the kudos jonmd Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 12
by: andy0
on: 11/04/2010 | 02:13 edited: 11/04/2010 | 02:15

@peeter wrote:

I think it would be very useful to have the Days/Hours that agents are actually available posted somewhere prominent on the site.

Then members would know that if they use 'Ask an Agent' outside of the stated hours they will not get a response until the stated hours they are available.

I think will people would suspect it would be normal office hours, including weekends as well as weekdays, as mentioned on another recent thread

But it wouldn't do any harm to add a note in the heading on the ask an agent page; I'd doubt it needs to be more prominent than that though.

Message 10 of 12