Knowledge Base
Community

How many complaints about "Always On" before ...

Started by: extreme_one
On: 19/12/2018 | 22:31
Replies: 17

by: tradertall
on: 21/12/2018 | 12:55
that goodybag is a bad product.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 18
by: gizzblue
on: 22/12/2018 | 05:58 edited: 22/12/2018 | 06:43

@extreme_one ...but it's exactly the same story every time ....." Why has my speed been reduced on my 'unlimited' goodybag...."
"giffgaff unlimited is a rip off "
Etc etc...rinse repeat...

And the answer 9 times out of ten is the same ....there is no 'unlimited' goodybag you obvs neglected the t&c's..

If your in doubt go back over the moaning posts you will see its always the blooming same thing .

Everyone wants unlimited for £20 -£25 quid ....
Your other point ' it's a large portion of complaints' also falls flat, in reality the amount of people on the community and the small number who have issue with this product is only a very small section of
giffgaff 's overall users .

It's not burrying heads in the slightest ....unfortunately it's virtually impossible to idiot proof such a product unless everyone is forced to read the t&c'sbefore any actual purchase ....which again 9-10 users don't bother and just click the box and move on .... but that is then everyone else's fault 🎅
when they dont know what it entails .👍.

It's not just giffgaff who suffer this either .. search other mvno forums it's a pretty much networks wide problem ...all have tarrifs with limits that are not percieved before purchase ...it's a little known fact that every network has certain traffic flow policies too ....and wether you think the always on bag is poorly advertised managed or priced ...you should have a really good look at the others outhere...unlimited on a phone is a myth traffic flow applies everywhere . 

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/uk-mobile-traffic-management-throttling 

Message 12 of 18
by: extreme_one
on: 22/12/2018 | 07:30

@gizzblue wrote:

@extreme_one ...but it's exactly the same story every time ....." Why has my speed been reduced on my 'unlimited' goodybag...."
"giffgaff unlimited is a rip off "
Etc etc...rinse repeat...

And the answer 9 times out of ten is the same ....there is no 'unlimited' goodybag you obvs neglected the t&c's..

If your in doubt go back over the moaning posts you will see its always the blooming same thing .

Everyone wants unlimited for £20 -£25 quid ....
Your other point ' it's a large portion of complaints' also falls flat, in reality the amount of people on the community and the small number who have issue with this product is only a very small section of
giffgaff 's overall users .

It's not burrying heads in the slightest ....unfortunately it's virtually impossible to idiot proof such a product unless everyone is forced to read the t&c'sbefore any actual purchase ....which again 9-10 users don't bother and just click the box and move on .... but that is then everyone else's fault 🎅
when they dont know what it entails .👍.

It's not just giffgaff who suffer this either .. search other mvno forums it's a pretty much networks wide problem ...all have tarrifs with limits that are not percieved before purchase ...it's a little known fact that every network has certain traffic flow policies too ....and wether you think the always on bag is poorly advertised managed or priced ...you should have a really good look at the others outhere...unlimited on a phone is a myth traffic flow applies everywhere . 

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/uk-mobile-traffic-management-throttling 

@gizzblue I know what the problem is.

The communication is poor. People end up with the wrong expectations and feel they've been mislead.

It's up to giffgaff to better communicate in order to manage people's expectations.

Otherwise you get dozens of complaints every single month ...

Smiley Indifferent
Message 13 of 18
by: 05hudsond
on: 28/12/2018 | 21:45

the peak times are to long i mean 8am untill 12 am  is to long

the throttled speed is to low for most stuff even websites

the limit is not not known 

people get banned for reaching the unknown limit 

Message 14 of 18
by: moorhen
on: 02/01/2019 | 10:36

It seems to me that this is a marketing or customer expectation problem rather than a technical one. Perhaps they should change the name of the GoddyBag from "Always On" to "20GB+". The + would show that this is really a 20GB GoodyBag with safety net if you go over the 20GB.

Message 15 of 18
on: 03/01/2019 | 12:39

But

@extreme_one 

We will still end up with the same scenario ....."my 25 quid unlimited goody bag has been reduced in speed "   type of moan.

No matter how well they idiot proof it .... (it already has extra info which is obviously largely ignored) it will still be the same few unlimited internet hunters who miss the whole description. ..no matter how well it's advertised and or explained .

Message 16 of 18
by: notherefornothing
on: 05/01/2019 | 09:49

No matter how well they idiot proof it .... 

This reminds me of the old phrase: "nothing is idiot proof if you have a sufficiently determined fool."

However, there must be a way of further reducing the number of customers that don't realise what they are buying, in the same way that we need to re-present the information for new users about not using up their airtime credit before buying goody bags (and all of the other similar newbie issues).

Message 17 of 18
Highlighted
on: 05/01/2019 | 13:15
@notherefornothing ..exactly this ...the determined fool will always be the anomaly .

The extra information 'should' in reality be enough ...but we still get them.😅
Message 18 of 18