Knowledge Base
Community

How many complaints about "Always On" before ...

Started by: extreme_one
On: 19/12/2018 | 22:31
Replies: 17

by: extreme_one
on: 19/12/2018 | 22:31

How many complaints about "Always On" goodybags will giffgaff be willing to brush off, before doing something about it?

There must be dozens of complaints every month about this offering.

It's a seriously flawed product, poorly marketed, poorly priced and poorly executed.

Isn't it about time giffgaff addressed this issue?

Smiley Indifferent
Message 1 of 18
by: glaswegianeric
on: 19/12/2018 | 23:03
@extreme_one it's not a particularly bizarre product - "unlimited data" tariffs with so many GBs at full speed and the rest at seriously cut down speeds exist all over the world. In fact, good on giffgaff for not marketing this as "unlimited data", other websites and reviews do refer to this goodybag as "unlimited" but they should know better, can't blame giffgaff for that.

What I am strongly angry about is the "we ban you, we ban you not" lottery that giffgaff subjects their Always On goodybag users to. Despite of many overly loyal giffgaff customers defending this and copypasting the T&Cs like there's no tomorrow, there's nothing in these T&Cs that could be understood as a clear set of rules on what to do (or not to do) in order not to get banned. Nothing.

giffgaff telling users to reconsider their usage or face a ban is like a cop stopping you as you walk past and telling you reconsider your behavior or face jail without telling you what was exactly that you've done wrong.

With such an approach the Always On goodybag is not only "not-Unlimited" but isn't Always On either.
Message 2 of 18
by: freedmaniac
on: 20/12/2018 | 07:44

@extreme_one

We see complaints about pretty much everything including that product e.g. EU Roaming, paying for int. calls

I consider this to be more a linked to people's misunderstanding rather than a fault with the product.

I will concede that perhaps it should be pointed out clearly that it is not an unlimited data product.

Message 3 of 18
by: gizzblue
on: 20/12/2018 | 11:17

The alleged 'flawed'product as you call it has always been the most popular goodybag on gg ....even before the extra 11 gb ....it's not really a problem to most, those who actually bothered to read the t&c's before purchasing said product ...just the usual type suspects who then moan and whinge .....

I never read the terms but it's everyone else's fault .😅😅.

They won't change it anytime soon and rightly so too..for the needs of the many outweigh the moans of the few .👍

Message 4 of 18
on: 20/12/2018 | 12:29

Blaming the complaints solely on the customer's misunderstanding is a cop out.

Surely any business wants as few complaints as possible..

If there's a noticeable trend, where lots of people are misunderstanding the product they've bought, surely the onus is on the business to ensure they're communicating as clearly as possible.

I think giffgaff have a responsibility to it's customers and future customers to address any issues which result in multiple repeat complaints.

Or we could just bury or heads in the sand and blame the customer for not reading the T&C's.

Smiley Indifferent
Message 5 of 18
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 20/12/2018 | 13:03

@extreme_one wrote:

Blaming the complaints solely on the customer's misunderstanding is a cop out.

Surely any business wants as few complaints as possible..

If there's a noticeable trend, where lots of people are misunderstanding the product they've bought, surely the onus is on the business to ensure they're communicating as clearly as possible.

I think giffgaff have a responsibility to it's customers and future customers to address any issues which result in multiple repeat complaints.

Or we could just bury or heads in the sand and blame the customer for not reading the T&C's.

@extreme_one you are right giffgaff need to address the issue and provide a better product in the always on goodybag in terms of data and price,  will they?  Nope as only recently did the up the data and most importantly jack up the price.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 18
by: figment_uk
on: 20/12/2018 | 15:59

We do not know how many members are quite happily buying the "Always on" goodybag month after month without issue.  For all we know the complains aired on the community could make up less than 0.001% of the total number of members buying the product.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 7 of 18
by: 05hudsond
on: 20/12/2018 | 16:47

having purchased the always on a few days ago for the first time and burning through my 20gb i expect a ban  and to be told im not allowed always on next month , the problem with this is i asked what the limit was and noone could answer it  ,ive used 27 gb so far with 25 days left    , im not to fussed about getting a ban as im only using  this while my broadband is being switched but it would be nice to know the limit to avvoid a ban , i usuually use the £10 goodybag so will be going back to that next month, to me always is on is advertised as 20gb non throttled data with 48 kybtes throttle from 8am untill 12am then unlimited unthrottled data at 12am untill 8am with tethering allowed , ive read the terms and conditions and cant understand how people can be banned esp when during the day i highley doubt continuas use at 48kbytes can affect anyone but them selves 

Message 8 of 18
by: 05hudsond
on: 20/12/2018 | 16:52 edited: 20/12/2018 | 16:55

@gizzblue

"it's not really a problem to most, those who actually bothered to read the t&c's before purchasing said product ...just the usual type suspects who then moan and whinge .....

I never read the terms but it's everyone else's fault .😅😅."

can you explain this in more detail please

who are the usual suspects .....suspect means suspicion so what are suspected of doing

what part of the terms and conditions cause a ban it doesnt say you cant use 40gb a month at night infact it says do downloads and stuff out side of peak times witch people do and get banned

moaning and winge ?? wouldnt you moan and winge if you got banned even though you did nothing wrong as you wasnt told the limit

how much data do you use can i ask

Message 9 of 18
on: 20/12/2018 | 18:03

@figment_uk wrote:

We do not know how many members are quite happily buying the "Always on" goodybag month after month without issue.  For all we know the complains aired on the community could make up less than 0.001% of the total number of members buying the product.

Indeed we don't know the percentages @figment_uk but we do know there are dozens of complaints a month, stemming from misunderstandings around the "Always On" package.

Any business that receives dozens of complaints a month, over one issue really should look into ways of solving it.  

Smiley Indifferent
Message 10 of 18