Knowledge Base
Community

I like this already - 2 days in, 3 months paid for - earning more than I'm paying! :-)

Started by: dantup
On: 13/07/2010 | 20:32
Replies: 13

by: dantup
on: 13/07/2010 | 20:32
I only signed up with giffgaff a few days ago, and my number ports tomorrow.

So far, I've paid £5 for this months goodybag, and £5 for next months goodybag (half price £10 goodybags, ofcourse). That means 2 months service has cost £10.

So far, I've made back:

£3.65 from June's forum posts
£5 initial free credit (referred to giffgaff)
£5 credit from referring a friend
£4 from sending 8 emails to colleagues/family

I've also sent another 4 sim cards which should soon be activated.

Not only is gaffgaff turning out to be cheaper than O2, but it's actually costing me nothing, and it's earning me money!

I'm not entirely sure who's paying giffgaff, but I'm certainly not complaining! :-)

And of course, as time goes by, and I spread the word that I'm earning more than I'm spending, it's just convincing more friends to move to giffgaff, which is stretching my earnings even further.

What more could I ask for?
Message 1 of 14
by: syorksdeano
on: 13/07/2010 | 20:36

Your right.  Since I joined giffgaff last month paid for itself.  I am expecting this month's payback to be a little smaller, but over what I have paid for this month.

Obviously not every month is going to be the same, and with some months I will be lucky to earn £5 payback, but still it's nice especially when payback is in December.  Some of the people that have told me they are joining giffgaff are waiting for their contracts to finish with various companies.

`Please give me kudos if my reply was helpful.'

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 14
Highlighted
by: kerbitroy
on: 13/07/2010 | 20:49

It's what I love about giffgaff! Earning money for helping out others, and spreading the word Smiley Happy

Please read this before asking a question: Newbies FAQs

Want a giffgaff sim with £5 free credit? E-mail your name & address to kerbitroy@getgiffgaff.info

Message 3 of 14
by: moishe
on: 13/07/2010 | 21:15

Sounds great- but do none of you think it sounds a tiny bit fishy??? All this payback and cheapness? I mean what if this amazing company goes bankrupt over all the payback etc????

Message 4 of 14
by: robbie28
on: 13/07/2010 | 21:17

Welcome to giffgaff dantup, glad to see you've already found ways to get rewarded for helping giffgaff grow. We are a young company and we rely on enthusiastic members like you to spread the word.

Robbie Hearn
Ex member of the giffgaff team, still fond admirer
Message 5 of 14
by: mondeoman1970
on: 13/07/2010 | 21:19

@moishe wrote:

Sounds great- but do none of you think it sounds a tiny bit fishy??? All this payback and cheapness? I mean what if this amazing company goes bankrupt over all the payback etc????

Doubt the payback will last long enough to think about going bankrupt Smiley Very Happy

Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 14
by: dantup
on: 13/07/2010 | 21:48

@moishe wrote:

Sounds great- but do none of you think it sounds a tiny bit fishy??? All this payback and cheapness? I mean what if this amazing company goes bankrupt over all the payback etc???

If they can't afford it, they'll just stop doing payback. If they do go bust (which I highly doubt), then I'll move elsewhere, and be glad of what I did manage to get.
I think there are plenty of people not earning lots of payback and makings lots of credits to offset us earners :-)
Message 7 of 14
by: mr_mitch
on: 13/07/2010 | 22:00

To be perfectly honest........ even without payback...... giffgaff still represents the best value mobile network I have managed to come across (one that meets my personal needs, anyway) so I certainly would not jump ship just because they stopped offering payback!

Message 8 of 14
by: rcourtman
on: 13/07/2010 | 22:16

@mr_mitch wrote:

To be perfectly honest........ even without payback...... giffgaff still represents the best value mobile network I have managed to come across (one that meets my personal needs, anyway) so I certainly would not jump ship just because they stopped offering payback!

Same here, I'm a big believer in paying for something I feel is worth it, and giffgaff certainly is one of those services. Paypack or no payback - I'm a happy giffgaffer. 

RC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Please click the Gold star to the left if you think I've helped =]

HTC Desire
Message 9 of 14
by: anthonydclark
on: 15/07/2010 | 11:55
well if they got rid of payback then less will use the forums and will then need a call centre. i think the forums help to keep staffing levels down at call centres.
Message 10 of 14