On: 06/12/2018 | 17:46
Replies: 14

by: pault1974
on: 07/12/2018 | 00:04

Great idea. It gets my support.

Message 11 of 15
by: rqt
on: 07/12/2018 | 09:18

This seems a reasonable idea - but I suspect it would have little effect in practice.

We already know that the people who flood the foum with these threads read absolutely nothing that is placed before them & apparently get no news about anything from anywhere other than their personal tiny screen. 

I think a "gate form" would  just add one extra click to the inevitable entry of yet another "my phone does not work when will it be back on will I get compenation" thread.

Still - it has to be worth a try. The other alternative when nothing is working would be to  shut the H&S forum down with just a large font banner page announcement in it's place - this would not actually reduce the effectiveness ot the forum as it is already totally unusable at these times.

Message 13 of 15
by: spacefrog
on: 07/12/2018 | 09:38

This idea is a good one but i dont have any idea how difficult this would be to implement, as it could also be applied to other very common questions asked in help and support, i would think yesterdays outages caused giffgaff alot of problems but was a bit of a one off, i wonder how many times a whole day outage has happened in the lifetime of giffgaff, i suspect its the first time.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 14 of 15
Highlighted
by: endorphin
on: 07/12/2018 | 10:10

@rqt I suspect that some people will ignore all the banners, announcements, service threads and gate forms and still post regardless. However it should reduce the number doing so (I hope) - H&S yesterday was just a mass of threads on the outage.

@spacefrog I only think it should be used when giffgaff expect there to be a large volume of threads regarding the same problem and not an every day tool. So probably whenever they feel the need to deploy the announcement banner on the landing page they should invoke this gate form too.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 15 of 15