Knowledge Base
Community

Idea: Adopt PAYM Payments

Started by: k89bpa
On: 18/06/2018 | 22:29
Replies: 27

by: k89bpa
on: 18/06/2018 | 22:29

This is for incoming and outgoing payments.

Having seen a fair few being hit by PayPal and their idiotic policies is it not time to dump the intermediaries and move to a more direct system for incoming and outgoing financial transactions?

My suggestion is PAYM! https://paym.co.uk

Adopting this would allow direct bank transfers for topping up and paying out payback without giffgaff ever having to store bank details. 

Simply, giffgaff registers a number for payments with their bank, customers do the same, (the customer side takes seconds via most banks, literally), and then to make a top up people would just log into their banking app and send a payment to giffgaff's registered number, and come payback payout time all giffgaff would have to do is send the payments to the registered phone numbers of the customers who qualify to receive payment. 

Nice and simple, with zero data protection or security concerns, with PayPal idiocy totally negated, it is a much more friction free solution than what currently exists. 

What say you?

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
For the meaning behind the codes in my posts search the code GGK-0228-2309
Message 1 of 28
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 18/06/2018 | 22:41

k89bpa wrote:

This is for incoming and outgoing payments.

Having seen a fair few being hit by PayPal and their idiotic policies is it not time to dump the intermediaries and move to a more direct system for incoming and outgoing financial transactions?

My suggestion is PAYM! https://paym.co.uk

Adopting this would allow direct bank transfers for topping up and paying out payback without giffgaff ever having to store bank details. 

Simply, giffgaff registers a number for payments with their bank, customers do the same, (the customer side takes seconds via most banks, literally), and then to make a top up people would just log into their banking app and send a payment to giffgaff's registered number, and come payback payout time all giffgaff would have to do is send the payments to the registered phone numbers of the customers who qualify to receive payment. 

Nice and simple, with zero data protection or security concerns, with PayPal idiocy totally negated, it is a much more friction free solution than what currently exists. 

What say you?

@k89bpa anything that makes life easier and faster transfer times I'm for it.

Great idea.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 28
by: harrrrrry
on: 18/06/2018 | 22:43

@k89bpa

It would not work at the moment.

https://paym.co.uk/faqs/ :

"Paym does not offer API support for integration into third party payment processes."

That means that somebody would have to sit down and type in every payment individually Smiley Sad -- unless you want to volunteer for the job Smiley Surprised

Maybe they will get an API eventually, but at the moment it looks like the service is only for "one at a time" payments.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 28
on: 18/06/2018 | 22:52
Ah bother @harrrrrry!

Bank transfer it is then, (or anything other than PayPal given the issues some are having accessing their funds).
Message 4 of 28
on: 18/06/2018 | 23:08
Just checked Google to see if they still allow such transactions and they do, but not if you're a corporation or non-profit, so it looks like that's out too.
Message 5 of 28
by: frenchielove
on: 19/06/2018 | 09:59

@k89bpa Funnily enough, have just that problem now, I don’t see why Paypal have to take so long to transfer our money? 

Message 6 of 28
on: 19/06/2018 | 10:09
No reason @frenchielove, they do it purely because they can.
Message 7 of 28
by: isabel1066
on: 19/06/2018 | 10:30
@frenchielove my payback on hold for up to 24 hours for a security check.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 28
by: ujo55
on: 19/06/2018 | 10:44 edited: 19/06/2018 | 10:45

I was fortunate my payment went into my bank immediately, but I have had others delayed as mentioned.
When this subject was raised about 6 months ago Adyen - Ebay's new payment partner was suggested:
https://www.adyen.com/
However I don't know anyone who has experience of this company and I would prefer to see first how it works with ebay before any changes are made.

Message 9 of 28
by: mcilwraith
on: 19/06/2018 | 11:18

bank transfer would be nice but ive still no problems using paypal

Message 10 of 28