Knowledge Base
Community

Inaccurate Goody Bag recommendations ...

Started by: timlomas
On: 16/09/2015 | 08:58
Replies: 9

by: timlomas
on: 16/09/2015 | 08:58

My latest usage statement has arrived here is what it says about my usage over the last 30 days:

Your Best Value Plan

Here is a quick summary of how you've used your phone in the past 30 days and to help you save money, we've recommended a best plan.

Mins1
Texts3
Total MB used0.72
Recommended goodybag£12 4G goodybag

It recommends the £12 Goody Bag - clearly, the £5 Hokey Cokey would cover this usage with plenty of spare capacity. This seems a bit grasping!

I am assuming that this is a mistake ... it certainly seems that the comment "to help you save money" is entirely inaccurate.

Message 1 of 10
by: raqib1998
on: 16/09/2015 | 09:02
Yeh its happening to many. I got one for using nothing and got recommended the £20 one.
Message 2 of 10
by: jimfraegala
on: 16/09/2015 | 09:06
I have read so many post of this nature and, according to the usage you have just shown us, Hokey Cokey or even PAYG for airtime would be more, or at least, as appropriate for you, better hokey cokey though.

Jim
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 10
by: vihanta
on: 16/09/2015 | 11:30
Alwasy best to do your homework & figure out what you really want, rather than taking what the sales staff say. In fairness, this problem isn't unique to giffgaff.
Message 4 of 10
by: egglassa
on: 16/09/2015 | 17:32
Almost best to double check it your self. Report it to the educators
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 10
by: wilpatgala
on: 16/09/2015 | 17:33
A few folk have brought this up now and, on the face of it, it looks daft when you hardly use your minutes and you are being recommended a larger goodybag. Personally I gnore it as mos of us will and basically buy what we want.
Get a free giffgaff SIM. It includes £5 free credit, yay!
Message 6 of 10
by: princessanna345
on: 16/09/2015 | 18:22
Choose the one that's right for you not by recommending
Message 7 of 10
by: timlomas
on: 18/09/2015 | 08:21

Thanks for the advice everyone ... I do always check for myself and make a decision based on what I need.

The main reason for raising this was really the fact that I had noticed that the advice generated in this email always used to be very accurate (and did sometimes suggest just topping up my PAYG), but something has obviously changed with the system since the Goody Bags have been altered.

As a programmer myself, it seems to me that the code to create this email ashould be quite simple ... suggesting that either the data it is using for the comparison has not been put in correctly or that there is a bug with the comparison logic.

Whatever is causing it, the problem really needs to be addressed so that GiffGaff can't be accused of misselling!

Message 8 of 10
by: xxeclairexx
on: 18/09/2015 | 11:14

i just stick to the same £10 goodybag every month regardless of what it sugest as this is all im willing to pay and i never go over

Message 9 of 10
Highlighted
by: harrrrrry
on: 18/09/2015 | 11:14

This has been raised several times this month and urgently needs acknowledging and fixing, but I'm not aware of a formal giffgaff response to any of the reports.

Saying "it's just a recommendation" did not prevent the banks from being prosecuted for mis-selling PPI and people should not be quoting it as the final answer to a problem that did not exist before the goodybags were changed.

I've posted a link to this thread at https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Service-Updates/Found-an-unreported-service-issue/m-p/17322364#M10... and requested an official statement in the announcements thread.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 10 of 10