Knowledge Base
Community

Incompetent Agents

Started by: alant
On: 29/09/2018 | 14:11
Replies: 53

by: alant
on: 29/09/2018 | 14:11

Has anybody had problems getting simple issues resolved by the Agents?

My other half has spent 2 days trying to get a simple answer to a simple question and it seems that the 2 agents involved don’t have a clue.

Is this common or has she just been unlucky?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 54
by: peasy2
on: 29/09/2018 | 14:13

What's  the  simple question we the  forum  users mint be  able  to  help 

Message 2 of 54
on: 29/09/2018 | 14:40 edited: 29/09/2018 | 14:43

Thanks for the offer, but this is a T&C question relating to roaming. It appears that there are certain ‘hidden’ criteria that users need to meet. We are attempting to get clarification, but apparently it’s a secret. It only seems to affect long term, low usage users. 

Seeing the problems she is having and the poor treatment by 2 of the Agents, I was curious as to whether any other users had had problems getting a question answered. 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 54
by: matthewhill1996
on: 29/09/2018 | 14:45

Hi , sorry to hear about this.Generally feedback is that agents are pretty good. It may be more reticence about a complex part ofthe deal. Clearly you deserve a  response.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 54
by: giffgaff20147
on: 29/09/2018 | 14:49

@alant

Hello very unusual but what’s your problem we can solve most things unless it’s money related then only agents can help

Message 5 of 54
by: giffgaff20147
on: 29/09/2018 | 14:55

@alant

it’s related to roaming 

you have to have used phone in uk for 9 days before roaming is turned on 

Roaming abroad to get inclusive roaming you have to be a uk resident ,it only meant for residents to use for odd holiday max time on holiday is 60 days after that it stops ,under roaming on your giffgaff account it shows eligibility if it off you need prove u a uk resident
Hi can you check your roaming eligibility status on your account. (This can be found here - https://giffgaff.com/profile/details).

If it's on Can you check your APN settings here
https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Settings-for-your-device/Internet-and-MMS-settings-APN-guide/ta-p/...

Imformation on roaming https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/Using-your-mobile-abroad/ta-p/3522931

This tells u how to prove eligibility
Roaming proof of roaming

Note: The vast majority of members won't need to submit any proof of residency. You can check your current eligibility in your account settings, just scroll down to Phone and call service settings.
To be eligible for the inclusive EU roaming on our goodybags, we need to make sure you are a genuine giffgaff member, and someone who typically lives in the UK, but may take trips to other EU destinations from time to time.
We'll make things easy by looking for some recent UK usage and then turning on the inclusive roaming for you. The vast majority of our members will become eligible without needing to do anything different. However, as an alternative, you can submit various documents as proof of residency.
To do this, you'll need to contact an agent needed
Http://www.giffgaff.com/support/ask/roaming they will ask for a few details, and will give instructions of how to submit any documents.
We typically require a scanned copy or photo of both your passport or driving license (photo-card version is fine)
* Proof of ID
* Proof of residency (dated within last 3 months)
For example: mortgage, bank or building society statement; recent utility bill (gas, water, electric); current council tax bill; house or motor insurance certificate; credit card statement; university acceptance letter.
http://www.giffgaff.com/support/ask/roaming

If using always on goodybag if you use your first 20 gb you will be charged 0.006p per Mb , 

thats less than 1p 

Message 6 of 54
on: 29/09/2018 | 15:03
As I said before, this cannot be resolved here as it relates to some ‘hidden’ eligibility rules that only seem to apply to ‘low’ users.
I have been active here for 7+ years, so am more than familiar with the roaming criteria.
The problem is that because these additional criteria are ‘hidden’, we ordinary users won’t have access to them.
My thread isn’t about the problem, I was merely trying to find out whether any other users have experienced ‘agent incompetence’.
It concerns me that users are at the mercy of people that don’t appear to care.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 54
on: 29/09/2018 | 15:16
I’ll add a bit more information as it might be of assistance to other low users.
This section is not actually accurate:
“To be eligible for the inclusive EU roaming on our goodybags, we need to make sure you are a genuine giffgaff member, and someone who typically lives in the UK, but may take trips to other EU destinations from time to time.
We'll make things easy by looking for some recent UK usage and then turning on the inclusive roaming for you. The vast majority of our members will become eligible without needing to do anything different. However, as an alternative, you can submit various documents as proof of residency”.

The section about ‘recent UK usage’ is misleading. An agent has stated that it must be a certain amount of UK usage within a certain period of time. The amount is not stated anywhere, so we as users have no idea what it is.

The section about submitting documentary evidence only applies to new members with new SIMs, it is not an option for long term low users.

I’ve always believed that giffgaff doesn’t really want low usage customers, this recent experience just reinforces that belief.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 54
by: jfc1951
on: 29/09/2018 | 15:21

@alant I am posting this link to the EU FAQ page about Roaming in the hope that it might inform your discussions

https://ec.europa.eu/digital-single-market/en/faq/question-and-answers-roaming

Weaseling out of things is important to learn.  It's what separates us from the animals ... except the weasel.  -  Homer Simpson

Message 9 of 54
on: 29/09/2018 | 15:25
@jfc1951
Thanks, I’ll have a look.
All we are looking for is an honest answer from the Agents. Seems they don’t want to provide one. It’s interesting that the information provided is at odds with the published t&c.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 54