Knowledge Base
Community

Is it just me ,giffgaff banners not working?

Started by: ray2
On: 05/12/2018 | 15:48
Replies: 56

by: endorphin
on: 23/12/2018 | 16:44

@tired16 wrote:

Yay! @endorphin@guy_ow@ray2 - it WORKED!

Another satisfied customer. Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 51 of 57
by: ray2
on: 27/12/2018 | 09:42

@newcrazymember2018 wrote:

I know it may sound daft but I am not sure what my banner looks like.

@newcrazymember2018

It looks like you don't have a banner at all Smiley Surprised

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 52 of 57
on: 27/12/2018 | 09:51 edited: 27/12/2018 | 09:52

@dez_d  & @t_will

Are the banners now all sorted? can members who's banners wern't showing on their posts,now go back to the banners page and pick another banner for it to display the image??

Thankyou @endorphin you have been a brilliant help,but it shouldn't be down to you to start getting a queue or another post goes up when they realise their banner isn't working,we need to be able to direct members to the banners link so they just have to re enter the url for their banner and image to appear as normal Smiley Happy

Or are we leaving it now for the new vanilla platform???

Any update would be appreciated.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 53 of 57
by: newcrazymember2018
on: 27/12/2018 | 14:33
Oh no how do I get a banner?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 54 of 57
by: dez_d
community giff-staffer

on: 28/12/2018 | 15:33

@ray2 wrote:

@glaswegianeric

Are the banners now all sorted? can members who's banners wern't showing on their posts,now go back to the banners page and pick another banner for it to display the image??

Hi all

Unfortunately its not fixed at this point, any new code that is picked will need the additional s inserted into the code provided after the 2nd http. @glaswegianeric has his own thread in contribute about this and I got on this as soon as I saw it. However, it was highlighted just before 18 days annual leave.

It's not looking like an easy fix. Not sure what the issue is exactly but I've picked it up again now I'm back and asked some additional questions.

I'll try to find out if this is a Lithium issue. If it is then this might be something for our new Vanilla platform. I'll keep you posted so leave it with me for now.

Regards

Dez

giffgaff Educator

Message 56 of 57
Highlighted
on: 29/12/2018 | 09:44 edited: 29/12/2018 | 09:45

Thanks @dez_d

Hopefully it's something that can be fixed soon,especially for those like me who are not techie (and can't make there own) so rely on the giffgaff banners Smiley Happy

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 57 of 57