Knowledge Base
Community

Is our SIM packaging design being mistaken for spam mail?

Started by: prescilla_g
On: 09/11/2018 | 12:19
Replies: 93

by: dihqgo
on: 09/11/2018 | 21:11
@holier_than_thou

Because many of us associate colourful with spam, some people to the extent they won't read it before they put it straight into recycling.
Message 11 of 94
by: holier_than_thou
on: 09/11/2018 | 21:19
Yes, i understand that @dihqgo , but if someone has ordered a giffgaff sim and a brightly coloured envelope comes through the letterbox with giffgaff on it, doesn't it stand to reason that it could possibly be the sim card and not junk mail?

Now if it went to an address where no one had actually ordered one, then yes, i can see how it could look like junk mail.
Message 12 of 94
by: kate1028
on: 09/11/2018 | 21:22

I'd agree with most other comments so far.   What's wrong with a plain brown or white envelope ?  Advertising what's inside doesn't look like a good idea to me !   Maybe the name and Post Code of Giffgaff displayed, but a bit more subtle - like on the back ?

Message 13 of 94
by: dihqgo
on: 09/11/2018 | 21:35
@holier_than_thou

Not if it ends up in the bin because they've not even looked at it properly to see the "giffgaff" on it. Even if they see the name, they may not even remember that's where they ordered their SIM card from.
Message 14 of 94
by: holier_than_thou
on: 09/11/2018 | 21:42
Well if they don't remember where they ordered the sim from @dihqgo , which would've only been a day or two before, then i think that's a problem in itself.
Message 15 of 94
by: kimchi
on: 09/11/2018 | 22:04
My opinion echoes a lot of what the comments already say. Spam tends to be brightly coloured and eye catching. Its what I chuck out first. The plain envelopes are usually the more important ones that I look out for. Maybe down grading to plain envelopes might actually help?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 94
by: herne1
on: 09/11/2018 | 22:32
@prescilla_g
When we order Sims from giffgaff we expect them to be delivered in a day or two and it's only when they've been delivered we realize that they are not what we expected (plain white etc etc) but are solopsistically designed to be mistakenly thrown in the bin as junk. We all hate junk. We all throw junk in the bin. We all never look at junk to check it.
As I said above or as Woody said above get more success with plain white (nearly) and a resize to just fit three Sims with ONE glue dot.
They'll get opened when delivered and acted upon by the member who ordered them.
👂👂📩
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 17 of 94
by: harrrrrry
on: 09/11/2018 | 22:56

@prescilla_g

Another vote for a plain simple envelope from me.

@holier_than_thou

But if someone has ordered a sim wouldn't they be expecting it, so why would it be confused with junk mail?

Unless you're the only person at your address, there's at least 50% probability that a different person will see the mail before you -- and it's that person that needs not to think that it's junk mail. Even if everybody that orders a sim tells everybody else that they're expecting a sim, I doubt they mention they're expecting it in an envelope that looks like junk mail.

Most junk mail doesn't have an address on it (unless it comes from talk talk in which case it has an utterly stupid address that isn't yours anyway) so they don't bother to look to see if its addressed to anybody.

And note that many senders of junk mail go out of their way to make their junk mail look plain and unidentifiable, which suggests they think there's a greater probability of the envelope being opened by the right person that way.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 18 of 94
by: pault1974
on: 09/11/2018 | 23:28

Yes, the current SIM packing can easily be mistaken for junk mail.

What's wrong with a plain white envelope with a name and address, a simple giffgaff logo, and a first class stamp?

Message 19 of 94
by: pauljohn7
on: 09/11/2018 | 23:51

@prescilla_g

I agree with @harrrrrry  about  SIMs arriving, but someone else in the household decides that they are junk mail and either bins them or puts them in a drawer and get forgotten about.

'Looking for a FREE giffgaff SIM Card Posted Same Day? Click Here! Get a free giffgaff SIM with £5 Extra Credit Get a free giffgaff SIM     mobileview
Message 20 of 94