Knowledge Base
Community

Is there any point in discussing things here?

Started by: extreme_one
On: 30/10/2018 | 07:59
Replies: 72

by: oldyorkie
on: 01/11/2018 | 15:18 edited: 01/11/2018 | 15:25

Those that know/remember me will understand why the title question of this particular thread has caused me to make a fleeting appearance 😉.

From both sides of the fence, the answer is "Yes" , there is indeed a point in discussing things here....and I can assure you giffgaff are "listening" 😉

If an individual feels there is something that they think is not quite right, and could possibly be done better or differently, then a discussion is absolutely the way to go. And who better (in the first instance  to discuss with, than fellow service users? 😊

This way suggestions and opinions can be bandied about and explored, with (hopefully) common ground being the end result, leading to an agreed direction. 

The Educators at giffgaff don't necessarily have to be involved in that discussion - although some may make a token appearance if they feel it might be a subject that could do with a hand of encouragement to discuss further. 

What must remain though, is respect for everyone's opinion and suggestions. 

When personal slurs - be it covertly or overtly - enter into the fray, then that becomes unacceptable AND runs the very high risk of getting the subject at hand either totally derailed or locked altogether by giffgaff - with suspensions and bans coming into force. 

I was enjoying reading this thread, and hope to continue doing so. It allows me to see if anything has changed since my days/years on these fora. 

Play nice folks, and I look forward to reading any further constructive and friendly posts ❤️

To Read is To Learn - go on - give it a try Smiley Wink
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at Smiley TongueGet a free giffgaff Simsignature 1.jpg
Message 41 of 73
by: extreme_one
on: 01/11/2018 | 15:49 edited: 01/11/2018 | 15:50

@oldyorkie wrote:

The Educators at giffgaff don't necessarily have to be involved in that discussion  ...

How on earth will things change or improve, or how will we gain any insight into why things are better left the way they are, if nobody from giffgaff bothers to contribute?

This place isn't run by us, it's paid for by us, but it's Run By giffgaff.

Smiley Indifferent
Message 42 of 73
by: woodyuk
on: 01/11/2018 | 16:26 edited: 01/11/2018 | 16:30

@oldyorkie if members are getting frustrated because they don't feel giffgaff are paying attention to suggestions and points made here in Contibute,perhaps we could do with a thread to see if they're listening?

Perhaps we could call it................

Message 43 of 73
by: williamwalker
on: 01/11/2018 | 16:37

Hi @extreme_one

You've raised the question, do you have a solution to this.

Message 44 of 73
on: 01/11/2018 | 16:44

@williamwalker wrote:

Hi @extreme_one

You've raised the question, do you have a solution to this.

Of course @williamwalker, but it's so bindingly obvious it shouldn't need repeating.

It's revolves around proactivity, but it's clearly not an ethic that giffgaff shares.

Not to worry though, I understand better now, as someone else pointed out earlier, it's probably best not to rock the boat.

Smiley Indifferent
Message 45 of 73
by: freedmaniac
on: 01/11/2018 | 17:24

@extreme_one wrote:

@oldyorkie wrote:

This place isn't run by us, it's paid for by us, but it's Run By giffgaff.

Exactly !!! Succinctly put, if I may say so.

I think that point is greatly misunderstood/ignored.

Message 46 of 73
on: 01/11/2018 | 17:48
@woodyuk
My work is done 👍🏻😉🤣
And, it would seem, my point has been understood exactly.

All the best guys 👌🏻👍🏻
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at Smiley TongueGet a free giffgaff Simsignature 1.jpg
Message 47 of 73
Highlighted
by: blackfive460
on: 01/11/2018 | 17:56

@woodyuk wrote:

@oldyorkie if members are getting frustrated because they don't feel giffgaff are paying attention to suggestions and points made here in Contribute,perhaps we could do with a thread to see if they're listening?

Perhaps we could call it................

Ah yes, if only we could return to those happy days...

I've just reminded myself that that particular thread started over 6 years ago. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun...

I've just been back to that thread and while I'm not going to link to it, I'm sure @andreww won't mind if I quote from his OP.

I can't help but think why has the giffgaff Community gone from fun and vibrant to dull and depressing? Do I just need a break? Is it time to move on and do something else with my spare time? When and why have I become so despondent with giffgaff?  Why are so many other long standing contributors posting in more negative ways too these days?

How long will the Community carry on before it implodes?

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

(The more things change, the more they stay the same)

Anyway, whatever else this thread has achieved, it's brought @oldyorkie out of hiding!

I'm glad to see that you are still keeping in touch!

Message 48 of 73
on: 01/11/2018 | 18:54

Oh yeah look what I found @oldyorkie Smiley Wink

lol

Still SNAFU here then. Smiley LOL

Smiley Indifferent
Message 49 of 73
on: 01/11/2018 | 19:10
@extreme_one
Yep, my signature still runs true Smiley Wink
and congrats on finding that old chestnut Smiley Very Happy
Message 50 of 73