Knowledge Base
Community

Is there any point in discussing things here?

Started by: extreme_one
On: 30/10/2018 | 07:59
Replies: 72

by: woodyuk
on: 01/11/2018 | 19:28 edited: 01/11/2018 | 21:23

@oldyorkie & @extreme_one the original thread and I was refering to and @blackfive460 mentioned was this one,started in 2012:-

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/giffgaff-this-is-what-we-re-thinking-Are-you-listening/...

I remember it well but sadly I also remember it coming to an end which was a shame because I used to greatly enjoy the thread.

Message 51 of 73
by: oldyorkie
on: 01/11/2018 | 19:34
@woodyuk
Yes, I understood that was the one you were thinking of, but, for obvious reasons, I was never going to link or mention .
Some things are left well alone
To Read is To Learn - go on - give it a try Smiley Wink
Teamwork is essential - it gives the enemy someone else to shoot at Smiley TongueGet a free giffgaff Simsignature 1.jpg
Message 52 of 73
by: extreme_one
on: 01/11/2018 | 19:46

So, evidently giffgaff's paying customers having been raising the same issues for a good 6 years, or more, and so the answer to my original question must be, quite emphatically "No!"

There really is no point in discussing things here.

/thread

Smiley Indifferent
Message 53 of 73
by: williamwalker
on: 01/11/2018 | 21:04 edited: 02/11/2018 | 10:41

Hi @extreme_one

it's so bindingly obvious it shouldn't need repeating.

It's revolves around proactivity, but it's clearly not an ethic that giffgaff shares.

Can't understand this.

You interviewed educators why did you not bring this up in the interview.

Are you saying giffgaff said you couldn't or are you just trying to be part of the problem.

You interviewed educators but you chose to ask about example what color they like.

**Post edited by an educator**

Message 54 of 73
by: extreme_one
on: 01/11/2018 | 22:44 edited: 02/11/2018 | 10:42

@williamwalker wrote:

Hi @extreme_one

it's so bindingly obvious it shouldn't need repeating.

It's revolves around proactivity, but it's clearly not an ethic that giffgaff shares.

Can't understand this.

You interviewed educators why did you not bring this up in the interview.

Are you saying giffgaff said you couldn't or are you just trying to be part of the problem.

You interviewed educators but you chose to ask about example what color they like.

@williamwalker what are you talking about?

I think you've gotten a little lost in how this place functions.

What privileges did I get exactly? 

FYI you can ask any educator any questions by PM, it's not a privileged thing to do so.

It's there choice if they respond ... But I'm not aware of any compulsion on their part. I was fortunate that some giffgaff staff chose to respond. Not all did!

When I 'interviewed' people for the "Desert island" threads (assuming that's what you're referring to) it wasn't anything to do with  giffgaff's policy and so on ... If it was, none of the staff would have responded.

Did you ever offer to create a thread to learn more about the staff or the membership? 

Do you ever offer to try and improve this place, or are you more comfortable when you simply criticise those that do, instead?

**Post edited by an educator**

Smiley Indifferent
Message 55 of 73
by: cps15966
on: 02/11/2018 | 07:42

@woodyuk wrote:

@oldyorkie if members are getting frustrated because they don't feel giffgaff are paying attention to suggestions and points made here in Contibute,perhaps we could do with a thread to see if they're listening?

Perhaps we could call it................

I don't think ................ has much of a ring to it @woodyuk ;P 

IMO - Personally I feel that because of, shall we say, situations that have occurred over the last couple of years when we saw more involvement in threads from gg, they pretty much now sit back and try manage the community much more. 

They still steer if they need to though by individual education if required but will still step in if things may or do get out of hand.

I do feel however that there is that feeling/perception in the community that gg don't really care about about threads like this any more and are being the opposite of what they have always tried to get it's members/customers to be..... part of a community. 

That's just my feelings on the subject.

cps15966 - The creator of the idea for @ mentions you have all come to use and love Smiley Tongue
Message 56 of 73
by: ip633
on: 02/11/2018 | 10:00 edited: 02/11/2018 | 18:33

Post deleted. 

Message 57 of 73
by: lapoka
on: 02/11/2018 | 15:22
But they do -nicely said
Message 58 of 73
by: andreww
on: 02/11/2018 | 16:28

@blackfive460 wrote:

@woodyuk wrote:

@oldyorkie if members are getting frustrated because they don't feel giffgaff are paying attention to suggestions and points made here in Contribute,perhaps we could do with a thread to see if they're listening?

Perhaps we could call it................

Ah yes, if only we could return to those happy days...

I've just reminded myself that that particular thread started over 6 years ago. Doesn't time fly when you're having fun...

I've just been back to that thread and while I'm not going to link to it, I'm sure @andreww won't mind if I quote from his OP.

I can't help but think why has the giffgaff Community gone from fun and vibrant to dull and depressing? Do I just need a break? Is it time to move on and do something else with my spare time? When and why have I become so despondent with giffgaff?  Why are so many other long standing contributors posting in more negative ways too these days?

How long will the Community carry on before it implodes?

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose...

(The more things change, the more they stay the same)

Anyway, whatever else this thread has achieved, it's brought @oldyorkie out of hiding!

I'm glad to see that you are still keeping in touch!

Oh, hello, did someone mention me? What have I done now? Smiley Surprised

Did I say that? Prove it! I'm making no further comment until my lawyer gets here. Smiley Very Happy Last time I said anything I was in really big trouble with Gregg and Timo Smiley EmbarassedSmiley Tongue

I hope you are all well, and well done for sticking with it for so long! It seems like a lifetime ago now, but I do have some fond memories about the banter we used to have and some of the amazing virtual friends I made.

Keep up the good work, I'm sure someone is listening, somewhere. 

Peace,

andreww x Smiley Happy

Probably having a beer in the sunshine somewhere.
Message 59 of 73
Highlighted
by: blackfive460
on: 02/11/2018 | 17:09

@andreww

And another much missed member comes out of hiding!

This thread might prove to be one of the most interesting ones this year.

Don't worry Andrew, I think you can be fairly certain that neither Gregg nor Timo will be bothering you this time... Smiley Wink

Message 60 of 73