Knowledge Base
Community

Is there any point in discussing things here?

Started by: extreme_one
On: 30/10/2018 | 07:59
Replies: 72

by: red_dwarf
on: 03/11/2018 | 17:02

I refer the honourable participants here to the replies given within this thread from last year:

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/The-purpose-of-Contribute/td-p/19942177

Specifically, I refer you to the replies given by the couple of Eds who made the effort to respond. The whole thread is only three pages long (if you're viewing the default 10 posts per page) so why not scan the whole thing.

Anyhoooooo, I genuinely do wish everyone good luck. I have some very important erm... knitting to do so over and out.

RD

Message 61 of 73
by: ip633
on: 03/11/2018 | 20:25

It was suggested in the thread that @red_dwarf has linked, that staff might be more active in the focus groups, but it seems that the conversation has dried up there as well. That’s certainly the case for Labs, and the community platform, but perhaps the other groups are still generating a fair amount of discussion. 

BTW this a rare post on my phone, and I can’t believe there’s no HTML or Preview Smiley Indifferent

Message 62 of 73
by: andreww
on: 03/11/2018 | 22:10 edited: 03/11/2018 | 22:11

@blackfive460 wrote:

@andreww

And another much missed member comes out of hiding!

This thread might prove to be one of the most interesting ones this year.

Don't worry Andrew, I think you can be fairly certain that neither Gregg nor Timo will be bothering you this time... Smiley Wink

Ahhh, thanks @blackfive460  Smiley Happy

Am I safe? Have they both moved on? Is there a new guv’nor running the Community these days then?

I’m so out of touch with everything/everyone..... I can’t even remember if I can tether from my giffgaff sim or not? Smiley Embarassed  Do I need to ask an agent?? Smiley Very Happy

Probably having a beer in the sunshine somewhere.
Message 63 of 73
Highlighted
by: blackfive460
on: 03/11/2018 | 22:44 edited: 03/11/2018 | 22:45

@andreww wrote:

@blackfive460 wrote:

@andreww

Don't worry Andrew, I think you can be fairly certain that neither Gregg nor Timo will be bothering you this time... Smiley Wink

Am I safe? Have they both moved on? Is there a new guv’nor running the Community these days then?

I’m so out of touch with everything/everyone..... I can’t even remember if I can tether from my giffgaff sim or not? Smiley Embarassed  Do I need to ask an agent?? Smiley Very Happy

@andreww

I can't quite recall where Gregg went but Timo left this year. As to who took over...

All I'm absolutely certain about is that it isn't and never will be me! 

giffgaff, 'Run by me'! Now there's a nightmare scenario. I'd have 90% of the membership banned in the first week! Smiley Very Happy

Regarding tethering; no, I don't think there's any need to ask an agent but, if you'd like to read a raft of largely irrelevant cut and paste replies you could always nip over to help and ask the Community!Smiley Wink

Message 64 of 73
by: jokeyboi77
on: 03/11/2018 | 22:59

@andreww wrote:

@blackfive460 wrote:

@andreww

Hello @andreww, maybe time for you to return? Yes both have moved on and so has Hazel, Timo's goodbye postGregg's goodbye post and Hazel's goodbye post, and I thought I had read somewhere Ash was meant to take over, but I've not seen anything official posted, either that I imagined that about Ash and to be honest there's a good chance of that. 😜

But there's definitely no need to get an agent involved in the tethering question because you can definitely tether from your giffgaff sim now, giffgaff's tethering policy. 

You and Neil around, is the bus coming back out of the garage?

Message 65 of 73
by: ip633
on: 04/11/2018 | 08:10 edited: 04/11/2018 | 10:13
Click to reveal

@andreww wrote:

@blackfive460 wrote:

@andreww

@andreww You wouldn’t recognise the place nowadays  Smiley Indifferent

We have a new CEO (Ash Schofield), and there’s no Head of Community anymore, with that responsibility now being shared by the community managers. And they’ve even moved house. 

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Top-Team-Change-for-giffgaff/td-p/22285220

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/Meet-the-Community-Team/td-p/22168117

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Announcements/We-ve-moved-gaff/td-p/22281592

Edit: And they’re finally binning Lithium (as announced here). It’s taken them long enough, but perhaps they are listening after all  Smiley Wink

Message 66 of 73
by: sarahbanahnah
on: 04/11/2018 | 08:28
Its all diplomacy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click the banner above for a free giffgaff SIM with free airtime credit of £5.
If you can't see it, then click the link below:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/sarahbanahnah
Message 67 of 73
by: andreww
on: 05/11/2018 | 09:14

@jokeyboi77 wrote:

@andreww wrote:

@blackfive460 wrote:

@andreww

You and Neil around, is the bus coming back out of the garage?

Many thanks @jokeyboi77 , @ip633 , and @blackfive460 for the information and links. I shall have a read. So Hazel and Mike Fairman have moved on too. Wow, big changes!  Smiley Surprised

The bus has gone ....  in fact it's been sprayed red and was last seen driving around the country suggesting extra money for the NHS. Given how that's all turning out (irrespective of which side of the fence you're on), I'm tempted to stay well clear of buses these days!! Smiley Very Happy

Probably having a beer in the sunshine somewhere.
Message 68 of 73
by: jokeyboi77
on: 05/11/2018 | 09:24

Yes @andreww big changes indeed, and bigger yet to come because we're moving platforms next year from Lithium to Vanilla, that'll be fun. 😜

Is that where the bus went, it's a pity you didn't stay on it then because you might have made Foreign Secretary, but maybe they'd have ruled you out on the grounds that you actually brushed your hair.

Message 69 of 73
by: bluenose55
on: 08/11/2018 | 13:04

It Pays to Talk. We'll it does on Giffgaff. 

Message 70 of 73