Started by: claw
On: 24/08/2016 | 22:59
Replies: 7

Go to best answer
by: claw
on: 24/08/2016 | 22:59 edited: 24/08/2016 | 23:00

Url contains unlimited? 

https://giffgaff.com/sim-only-plans/unlimited

This is the link you get when you click always on from the Our offer drop down menu. 

Message 1 of 8
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: woodyuk
on: 25/08/2016 | 08:48

@claw I pointed out the strange URL in a post the other day.

I think what's happened is that giffgaff have recycled the page for the old £20.00 unlimited 3G goodybag and used it for the always on one so the last section of the URL is still "unlimited".

Message 6 of 8
by: harrrrrry
on: 24/08/2016 | 23:17

Knowing giffgaff, it is a deliberate mistake, specifically intended to deceive.

Yes, we all know marketing people are trained to deceive but there is absolutely no justification for giffgaff continuing to let its marketing people get away with  this totally unnecessary and counterproductive intentional deception.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 2 of 8
by: jimfraegala
on: 25/08/2016 | 08:00

Sorry am I missing something?

The link clearly states 'Always On' then goes on to say that once you have used 6GB your speed will be lowered (drastically) 

I wish it was unlimited, full stop, but for me, the message is quite clear. 6GB full speed, after that, a much reduced speed.

Jim

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 8
by: lpwilliams
on: 25/08/2016 | 08:23

Sorry but they must be using the same marketing department as ronseal, as to me it explains exactly what it is - no deceiving in my opinion.

Maybe giffgaff should include an online dictionary so people can discover more about any words they do not understand.

Message 4 of 8
by: ri4456
on: 25/08/2016 | 08:35
The internet does not run out its the speed that is reduced.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 8
by: woodyuk
on: 25/08/2016 | 08:48

@claw I pointed out the strange URL in a post the other day.

I think what's happened is that giffgaff have recycled the page for the old £20.00 unlimited 3G goodybag and used it for the always on one so the last section of the URL is still "unlimited".

Message 6 of 8
by: terran_federation
on: 25/08/2016 | 10:16
One of the giffgaff staff mentioned recently that Goodybags and monthly plans were being used in conjunction with each other for search engine optimisation (when you use Google to search for PAYG bundles, the word "Goodybag" is meaningless, so I can see why this is being changed/merged).

So it is possible that giffgaff *might* be using this as a SEO technique to try to pull in searches for unlimited data, which further adds to customer confusion.

(Of course this could simply be a conspiracy theory Smiley Happy )
For a free giffgaff SIM with £5 of FREE credit, click here
Message 7 of 8
by: claw
on: 25/08/2016 | 17:43

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for your replies. Sorry @woodyuk Hadn't noticed your thread! 

Message 8 of 8