Knowledge Base
Community

Just a thought for debate....this could? be the way forward..?

Started by: spacefrog
On: 28/07/2016 | 10:35
Replies: 28

by: rong42
on: 30/07/2016 | 09:35

alex_w wrote:

I think what you'll find over the next 6-12 months, is seeing us trying a few things out and seeing how they work. We've not talked about it much, but we've been trialling a system for new members where they are offered the option of chatting 1-2-1 with an existing member if they have any questions after activating. We've seen good results from that, so we're about to begin work on developing a full system for that so that it's giving the best experience for those it is made available for (it's all a bit trial-cludge at the moment).

Like a live chat kind of thing? Or more like PMs? Just wondering as I know a live chat system has been suggested more than a few times over the years

Message 21 of 29
by: ip633
on: 30/07/2016 | 10:51 edited: 30/07/2016 | 10:59

rong42 wrote:

alex_w wrote:

I think what you'll find over the next 6-12 months, is seeing us trying a few things out and seeing how they work. We've not talked about it much, but we've been trialling a system for new members where they are offered the option of chatting 1-2-1 with an existing member if they have any questions after activating. We've seen good results from that, so we're about to begin work on developing a full system for that so that it's giving the best experience for those it is made available for (it's all a bit trial-cludge at the moment).

Like a live chat kind of thing? Or more like PMs? Just wondering as I know a live chat system has been suggested more than a few times over the years

That kind of approach has indeed been a popular suggestion over the years, but I'd always thought that the biggest stumbling block was not being able to guarantee that enough suitable helpers would always be available to offer their support (i.e. on a one-to-one basis). If you think about it, it's quite a commitment to take on, and certainly a significant departure from what we currently see in Help & Support, where very few helpers seem willing to engage in an actual dialogue (think of the copy & paste brigade for example). I'm happy to be proven wrong of course, if giffgaff have now received feedback that suggests that there would be strong support for such a move.

But as much as I'd like to feel encouraged by this latest news, I've been disappointed so many times by similar projects being abandoned, and popular ideas that were "coming soon" before being declared "not for us", that I'd rather reserve judgement until it actually happens. None of us can know what their priorities are, but I can't help wondering if they've got too many ideas and projects on the go at the same time, which is why the network always seems to be a work in progress. If they're concerned about customer retention, then the priority should be to deal with the most common issues that are identified in Help & Support, and work towards ensuring that people have a reliable service (think usable data, and reliable adult content filters for example). If they can achieve that, then the forums will become quieter for all the right reasons.

Message 22 of 29
by: spacefrog
on: 31/07/2016 | 21:36

some interesting replies..... i would of thought that giffgaff would atleast trial some different ideas, as there has been enough threads on this topic... i know there are plenty who claim that they contribute in help and support not for payback but enjoy just helping, but there are far more helpers who do simply help for the payback.... in one of the other threads a few  months ago someone posted where each members posted their actual payback anmounts, i couldnt help but notice that a member who was at the top of the best answers leader board for that month had posted too, they had posted that they had received £34 payback or thereabouts, i actually looked at the number of posts they had done which was around approx 600 posts in the last week alone, so obviously after posting so many posts it had lowered the payback amount they had received, even tho they had approx 30 odd best answers in the last week, so some might call this parrot posting, and most of the answers are always the first reply so as we all know being the first answer obviously gives a much higher chance of the helper being awarded a best answer.....so would anyone agree that this type of posting not only reduces the chance of the less experienced helpers but actually lowers there payback too, all the best answers has been awarded to the first reply   this must also go some way to make the other helper feeling slightly unappreciated for all their time and effort, while they only receive say £17 the top helper only received £34 . this is just another reson why giffgaff have to make BAs a fairer system.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 23 of 29
by: germansheppard234
on: 01/08/2016 | 18:34
The best answer should no longer count on payback, it's a failure but way it is some get awarded more than others just purely by luck when there own answers r no better than those who don't get top answers awarded, been lot of talk by giffgaff but no solution only just members losing out on , it's no use having members set top answers u can get clicks of friends on any site so it could not be trusted to be total fair, that's why I say dump best answers on payback
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 24 of 29
by: wilpatgala
on: 01/08/2016 | 19:18

I think we could get bogged down with this, and, if we had a vote to decide there would still be dissenters.

Get a free giffgaff SIM. It includes £5 free credit, yay!
Message 25 of 29
by: hunterchunk
on: 02/08/2016 | 14:18

germansheppard234 wrote:

The best answer should no longer count on payback, it's a failure but way it is some get awarded more than others just purely by luck when there own answers r no better than those who don't get top answers awarded, been lot of talk by giffgaff but no solution only just members losing out on , it's no use having members set top answers u can get clicks of friends on any site so it could not be trusted to be total fair, that's why I say dump best answers on payback

@germansheppard234 Can you take that chance that people will still be readily available to help out if they aren't going to be rewarded with payback?  As much as a lot of people say they do it just to help how often are they on the H&S ? The questions from what I've seen come thick and fast on that forum, most people are newbies and are desperate for help.  I think you would see an awful lot of newbies being left high and dry and no solution to their problem without the enormous amount of time that some people dedicate to the forum. Why should those that leave quality answers bother if no reward when they can be earning payback on contribute, general discussion etc. ? I rarely help out because I don't know enough but without a customer service to ring I believe these people earn their payback 

Message 26 of 29
by: germansheppard234
on: 02/08/2016 | 18:23
The whole forum is suffering as it is, the way it works now if u do 500 answers a month even if all your answers r correct u get less Payback than if u do 200 answers, I don't get much due to that and I like to help but as the month goes on some good members stop replying to stop them losing payback, by later part of month replys get pretty bad due to some without knowledge replying, that can't be good for gg, replys like hi or its rubbish that's worse than parrot answers, members who give good answers should be rewarded not penalised for doing to many answers, the best answer system is not fit for purpose if giffgaff can't or won't be bothered to mark best answers when a thread is answered fully by members , as time as gone on and certain educators have been promoted or left the forum is not being looked after as well as it was , ask some a question do u get answered it most cases no u don't, before I used to get answers and help from them
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 27 of 29
by: alex_w
community giff-staffer

on: 03/08/2016 | 09:28

ip633 wrote:

rong42 wrote:

alex_w wrote:

That kind of approach has indeed been a popular suggestion over the years, but I'd always thought that the biggest stumbling block was not being able to guarantee that enough suitable helpers would always be available to offer their support (i.e. on a one-to-one basis). If you think about it, it's quite a commitment to take on, and certainly a significant departure from what we currently see in Help & Support, where very few helpers seem willing to engage in an actual dialogue (think of the copy & paste brigade for example). I'm happy to be proven wrong of course, if giffgaff have now received feedback that suggests that there would be strong support for such a move.

@rong42 - currently, it's through PMs so not live. Providing a fully live chat experience is problematic, for reasons such as those @ip633 mentions (whether or not we can guarantee a Buddy is available). Having said that, we currently have a dozen Buddies providing support for those members who choose to use the system. As we ramp up developing the project from a trial into a fully-fledged offering, we'll need to identify a few more - but at the moment, the scaling looks manageable.

The Buddy system is intended specifically for new members, so we'll be designing it so that longer term those members are over time encouraged / directed into the relevant public channels (KB, H&S forum, or Agents).

Community Platform Manager - Powered by coffee.
Message 28 of 29
Highlighted
by: bluemoonbaz
on: 03/08/2016 | 22:04
I still think the Best option is for giffgaff to allocate this task to a member of staff as best answer are now a big part of some members payback and as such it staff only
green v3.pngorange gameplan v4.pngblue v3.pngH&S Banner.png
Message 29 of 29