Knowledge Base
Community

Just a thought for debate....this could? be the way forward..?

Started by: spacefrog
On: 28/07/2016 | 10:35
Replies: 28

by: spacefrog
on: 28/07/2016 | 10:35

What with the numorous threads in these forums related to BAs, and indeed the lack of best answers being set... do any of you members think that giffgaff could work with what they have in this subject, as there has to be a way to make the system better and fairer for everyone who tries they're best to help where they can.... educators have noticably stopped giving BAs too, probably busy doing other things which is quite understandable.

There are lots of folk here in the community willing to help, so with this in mind.... you would think it would make sense to utilize this help...... so maybe it could be made better by the way of a simple vote, this could be done using the kudos button or even a new kudos/vote button added...? and maybe this would only be actioned after a certain time of say three days, maybe other members of certain higher ranks would only be enabled or allowed to kudos/vote..maybe to stop gaming of the system only a certain number of these kudos/votes per month... this may not be a total solution to this but im sure it would go some way to improve the current system, and over time could no doubt be tweaked for improvments...does anyone else have any thoughts... great solutions come from simple ideas.....thats why we are here right....?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic src="https://giffgaff.com/styleguide/images/banner/02b_550x80.p
Message 1 of 29
by: shortylumber
on: 28/07/2016 | 11:55
@spacefrog - morning.
This was discussed a while back, I haven't read the thread in ages so don't remember the outcome but here's the consultation thread on members giving best answers

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/Consultation-should-some-members-be-able-to-set-best-an...
Message 2 of 29
by: paulipat45
on: 28/07/2016 | 13:00 edited: 28/07/2016 | 13:01

To be honest, I do not know what the answer is, so many people of so many different views and ideas and it's tough picking out what is best.

Message 3 of 29
by: jimfraegala
on: 28/07/2016 | 14:36
There will always be debate over best answers. and, frankly I don't what the best answer is to solve the problem.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 29
by: ip633
on: 28/07/2016 | 15:59

shortylumber wrote:

@spacefrog - morning.
This was discussed a while back, I haven't read the thread in ages so don't remember the outcome but here's the consultation thread on members giving best answers

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/Consultation-should-some-members-be-able-to-set-best-an...

It's still a work in progress I believe, as explained in this post by Vince. I don't know if there's been any further update since, but assuming that a team of BA setters has now been selected, it's hard to understand what else could still be causing a delay in implementing this new system.

Perhaps they've changed their mind again?  Smiley Indifferent

Message 5 of 29
by: padiho
on: 28/07/2016 | 16:14

I agree that something should be done. What the answer is I don't know. What is definite is that people just aren't bothering to press that button to award a BA. It's incredible really but I assume the majority of the people just want the answer and can't be bothered to reward the person who helped them. It is clearly marked after all.  As you say there appears to be a lack of Eds doing it now also, probably busy with other things so that's understandable. I think the only way round it is to appoint certain members to do it. Im sure there will be some people that will be happy to do this. One thing is certain, the people that bother to give their time, give a correct answer, produce links to help the OP etc. should be rewarded for their efforts. How long before people won't bother to help at all.?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 29
by: ip633
on: 28/07/2016 | 16:22 edited: 28/07/2016 | 16:27

paulipat45 wrote:

To be honest, I do not know what the answer is, so many people of so many different views and ideas and it's tough picking out what is best.

I don't like how it's always been a competition to post the "best" answer, as the important thing is that the member gets the help that they need. I preferred the original system where the OP selected an answer that "solved" their problem, and so long as the advice given is technically correct, then it removes the need for other members to keep posting further suggestions (in the hope of securing that elusive BA). And selecting a "best answer" is often a subjective decision, which even educators get wrong from time to time.

Message 7 of 29
by: cass905
on: 28/07/2016 | 18:24
I help people the best I can BA really don't mean a lot to me I'm just happy with the satisfaction of helping someone
Message 8 of 29
by: weetinamc
on: 28/07/2016 | 18:28

jimfraegala wrote:

There will always be debate over best answers. and, frankly I don't what the best answer is to solve the problem.

me either jim.

i think its over debated

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 9 of 29
by: clinteastwood43
on: 28/07/2016 | 18:55
I think its usually quite fair to be honest Smiley Happy
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 29