Knowledge Base
Community

Just started goodybag, but usage bar is at 50% already

Started by: whitespace
On: 02/03/2018 | 00:55
Replies: 12

by: whitespace
on: 02/03/2018 | 00:55 edited: 02/03/2018 | 00:59

I realise this is probably just a cosmetic "bug" within My Giffgaff, but I've just started a new goodybag and the "active goodybag stats" shows "29 days", but the bar graph just beneath this indicates I am already half way through:

days-left-bar-graph-at-50pc.png29 days left but indicator bar suggests otherwise

I looked at the underlying source code in Chrome's object inspector and the inline CSS is setting the highlighted bar width at about 51%, whereas it should be something like 96% .

Message 1 of 13
by: andrewredman
on: 03/03/2018 | 13:47

Hi @whitespace

Have you tried with another browser?  Would be interesting to know if the issue is Chrome or maybe giffgaff end...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 13
by: kath72
on: 03/03/2018 | 14:18
The bar is proportianally correct on the android app
Message 3 of 13
on: 03/03/2018 | 15:56
@andrewredman I see the same in Chrome and Firefox (Desktop Windows) and on the website using Safari on iOS. But the underlying CSS code appears to be wrong (which would be coming from the server). This doesn't appear to be a browser issue.

@kath72 I also see the same "problem" on the Android app! Maybe it's my account?! Although the number of days shown is correct.

I have a recurring goodybag - I wonder if that has anything to do with it? (Although it shouldn't)
Message 4 of 13
by: kath72
on: 03/03/2018 | 16:14
Curious because I have 20 days left and two thirds of a bar!

I don't re-occour my GB but it shouldn't be that
Message 5 of 13
on: 12/03/2018 | 15:38 edited: 12/03/2018 | 15:40

kath72 wrote:

Curious because I have 20 days left and two thirds of a bar! 

I'm now at 20 days and I have nearer one third of a bar!

days-left-bar-graph-at-20days.png20 days (2/3 month) left but the bar graph suggests about 1/3 month left

I would say, however, that the bar graph is going down proportionally. It's just that the coloured bar should be twice as wide - just a cosmetic mishap it seems.

Message 6 of 13
by: harrrrrry
on: 12/03/2018 | 16:32

@whitespace

Is it going backwards?

The specific example you quote would make sense if either:

• the purple section was grey and the grey section was purple, or
  • the colours stay the same but the caption says 11 days used rather than 20 days left

But I don't currently have a goodybag to compare.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 7 of 13
on: 12/03/2018 | 17:45

@harrrrrry It's not going backwards, it's just that the purple highlight is half the width it should be. When I'd just had my goodybag renewed the bar was at approx 50% - see my initial post. It's steadily decreasing but at half the rate it would normally (because it is only half as wide). I suspect that when I'm halfway through the month the bar will be at 25%, a quarter of the month to go and it will be at 12.5% (approx) etc.

harry wrote:

The specific example you quote would make sense if either:

- the purple section was grey and the grey section was purple, or
 - the colours stay the same but the caption says 11 days used rather than 20 days left

Yes, at this moment in time it would. However, in my initial screenshot, you couldn't simply switch the colours (the graph would only make sense if you changed the caption).

Message 8 of 13
Highlighted
on: 11/09/2018 | 11:30

This problem appears to have resolved itself. Whether it was "fixed" last month or this month I'm not sure - as I've just noticed.

days-left-bar-graph-at-100pc-CORRECT.jpgThe "days left" bar now correctly fills the full width (100%).

What might be significant is that last month I changed my Goodybag and was entirely without a Goodybag for a few days last week. I'm guessing this "change" might have "reset" something? Previously I had been on the same recurring Goodybag for the past year or so.

Message 9 of 13
by: jaker57
on: 12/09/2018 | 17:31
I’m glad to see that this has been fixed, must of been an annoying bug.
If someone helped please mark their answer as best answer and reward kudos, thank you! Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 13