Knowledge Base: play a part in shaping its future

Started by: roxy_r
On: 21/06/2016 | 14:48
Replies: 41

by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 21/06/2016 | 14:48 edited: 21/06/2016 | 15:11

Hello gaffers,

We thought the Knowledge Base thread needed a refresh, so here we are. We want all our members to understand this part of our site - what it is, how it can be used, how you can get involved. If knowledge is power as they say, then we want everyone to have a bit of it.

Here are some headlines we will expand on:

What is the Knowledge base & where can I find it?

Straight to the point, as a former member of staff said it, the Knowledge Base(or the KB as we sometimes call it) is the community's source of information, think of it like our encyclopedia of all things giffgaff.

The KB is first a place where members can search for answers when in need. Second, it can be used by our helpers as a base for the advice they are giving in Help and Support. Considering those two alone, it is a very important tool that can make life easier for all giffgaffers.

You can find the giffgaff Knowledge Base by clicking on the Help button on the top right of the navigation bar then find FAQ on the right side of the drop down menu.

Another way to get to it if you are browsing the Community is to simply click the forth button of the labeled 'aq which is on the right side just under the banner.

For mobile, on a browser you will find a KB tab on the top navigation and on the App, go to Community, then under the More tab you will find the KB button.

To make things really easy for this time around, click  here and you will be redirected to the wonderful place that is the Knowledge Base.

What is the Knowledge Base Editors Group

No better way to explain this than through the eyes of a member: The KB group has at the moment 44 members and is made up of gg staff (from various areas), KB Publishers & Editors as well as other interested members. It is a place where everyone is equal and every idea is investigated. We discuss & implement changes to the KB with a sound view of making it as accessible as possible to get the correct information with the least amount of effort. It is a closed group but were always interested to hear from members who have something to add. If you are interested in joining to discuss the future of the KB please go to the KB Discussion Group page and request to join the group.

If you want to know more about the crowd you will find if you join the group, reveal this:

Your KB Publishers:

Click to reveal
Besides being involved in improving the KB and taking it to the next level on all aspects, these are the members that will make sure the article edits are as accurate as they can be before publishing them.

These will be members that have been around the Knowledge Base and giffgaff for a good amount of time showing a lot of dedication, passion and professionalism in delivering the information in the best way possible.

Your KB Editors:

Click to reveal
As well as sharing their ideas and being hands on with pushing forward the discussion to improve the KB, the editors are the members that can edit articles, keeping them as accurate and up to date as possible and then submitting them for publication.

They work hand in hand with the publishers in delivering the accurate, on point articles we all love.

Your dedicated educator and giffgaff staff:

Click to reveal
@roxy_r

All educators can be nudged for urgent matters, but you will see me more in the group, trying to get the answers to questions addressed to HQ, bring the editors information about new changes or releases and make sure the group is nice and tidy so our members can discuss and debate ideas in the best environment possible.

The group also has a wide variety of giffgaff staff members that have a look when possible and try to answer more specific questions and give support when needed.

How can you make a difference & get involved?

We know that our members are different and they get involved in different ways and we are happy to accommodate all of them. We appreciate and encourage everyone to have a say in what we do and how we do it and here are some examples of how you can make your voice heard:

• Submit your feedback in the Feedback Form and keep an eye on the updates.
  • Have an open conversation with us on this thread.
  • Join the KB group and get into more details with us.
  • Send me a private message if you have a real passion for this and want to become an editor.

What is the purpose of this thread?

Having an open conversation about what we do and how we do things is important to us and we want all of you to be involved. This thread is here to host any type of conversation regarding the Knowledge Base. You can just throw an idea at us or dive into details. You can ask questions about the group, the platform or what we are up to. If you think we did something wrong, keep us real. Anything small or big, we want to hear it, so do not be shy.

Note: If you are having any issues and need help please make your way to Help and support and make a new post, as that is the best place to get answers from our super helpful members.

community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 1 of 42
by: brulaw
on: 21/06/2016 | 17:41

@roxy_r

An excellent and  informative post  ..... Thank you  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 42
by: dartgirl
on: 21/06/2016 | 19:16
Thank you.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 42
by: sarahbanahnah
on: 21/06/2016 | 22:33
Nice read. Very informative and exciting news. I enjoy reading giffgaff articles. They are a great eay to pass time and you get to learn new things too. You even get to help others after. It has lots of fringe benefits
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click the banner above for a free giffgaff SIM with free airtime credit of £5.
If you can't see it, then click the link below:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/sarahbanahnah
Message 4 of 42
by: alantony1
on: 22/06/2016 | 17:18
I don't see the point of this another closed group. You want ideas but do very little with them. PayPal top up that's okay. 5 pound top ups would be great. Smaller packing on the sending out of sim cards. Take the email question out of sending sim cards to friends. Refresh the look of giffgaff. Get the message out there you don't need Internet access to join giffgaff. Just saying alantony1
Message 5 of 42
by: gsklb04
on: 22/06/2016 | 17:59
Great post and thanks for the info
A take time to digest before deciding what to do about.
https://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gsklb04
Message 6 of 42
by: scrappydez
on: 22/06/2016 | 20:52
@alantony1

Most of the ideas that go into labs are just repetive nonsense with no thought by the op. Would it do any harm to search first before posting an idea to an already over crowded labs.

The top up issue of £5 is solely down to O2 as they make the rules and they don't offer it.
Get your SIM delivered today by 1st Class Post, yeah boy.
Message 7 of 42
by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 23/06/2016 | 10:54

Hey all,

This thread is about the Knowledge base in particular as we do believe that it is an important part of the Community and we want to make it as good as we can. All feedback about Labs would be better suited shared within that group.

But to explain why it is a closed group, we need to think about the amount of new members that come on the community and may stumble upon the group and that might post there instead of the best place(Help and Support). We want to limit that as much as possible not to confuse them more.

community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 8 of 42
by: alantony1
on: 23/06/2016 | 11:34
So its not what you no its who you no. I thought giffgaff was about the community. Since i started to comment on issues all I've got is don't post it here don't do this do that at the end of the day iv come to the conclusion that giffgaff doesn't want change its elitist it's more like a free mason's CLOSED groups. I'm going to go now there will be no more posts from me . I'll stay with giffgaff but when things change i might be back.keep the faith. Alantony1
Message 9 of 42
by: talisker35
on: 23/06/2016 | 11:51 edited: 28/06/2016 | 11:58

alantony1 wrote:

So its not what you no its who you no. I thought giffgaff was about the community. Since i started to comment on issues all I've got is don't post it here don't do this do that at the end of the day iv come to the conclusion that giffgaff doesn't want change its elitist it's more like a free mason's CLOSED groups. I'm going to go now there will be no more posts from me . I'll stay with giffgaff but when things change i might be back.keep the faith. Alantony1

Hi @alantony1

Good to hear from you & thanks for sharing your views.

giffgaff is very much a community, thats why it needs to be kept organised so that members like ourselves can find the information that we want to discuss / suggest quicker.

Where you have posted is within the Knowledge base thread which only chats about the Knowledge Base. Here we discuss changes "WE" the members with the cooperation of gg staff can make things easier for new community members (like yourself) to find articles that relate to giffgaff services and assist members to get started on giffgaff.

What you are suggesting (in your previous message) is not within the remit of this thread, @roxy_r is trying to explain that your ideas will be taken on board (as like any other members ideas) but better suited to the LABS thread (which is specific for members ideas / suggestions).

Every members idea is important to the community so please dont feel that anyone is ignoring you or trying to stop you from viewing your suggestions.....this is not the case, its just to keep the forum nice and tidySmiley Happy (you wouldnt try and put a square peg in a circular hole would you?......well its pretty much the same on the forums.) Keep on posting.....dont give up.

If you need any help finding the best place to post anything then please just ask and we can direct you to the best place for your ideas to be heardSmiley Happy.

Take care.

Paul.

Please note I do not receive payback for any posts I make on the giffgaff community.
Message 10 of 42