Community

Leaving giffgaff

Started by: tommy2186
On: 23/04/2018 | 12:17
Replies: 10

Go to best answer
by: tommy2186
on: 23/04/2018 | 12:17 edited: 24/04/2018 | 18:43

Hello everyone I've been with giffgaff for about six months and use always on data as I need constant internet as well as my broadband as I'm a youtuber with over and one million subscribers now and will be featuring giffgaff soon as I use always on data so my phone doesn't run out, and a couple of day ago giffgaff sent me a txt saying that I'm using too much of my always on data and if I don't stop using the internet that I will no longer be able to use it and yesterday they sent my a txt saying basically that I can no longer use the always on data as they have stopped me buying it... Which is faulse advertising and my 9gigs of fast speed is taking up in one day from watch a few YouTube videos!! Bs.. A few months back I dropped a truthful comment on here and it was they moved it from your sights so you all could not read it and ever since then I've had nothing but problems with then and with no call centres to call they can do want they want so people be careful as they are conning you all in many way and most of you do not notice and I will be leaving too , they will hide this msg so read it while you can and I will expose them to my viewers and see my solicitor about false advertising.

Message 1 of 11
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: various_mm
on: 24/04/2018 | 23:05
@tommy2186

sorry to hear that.

GG have a policy and it acts according to that policy around the unlimited data bag. the polices are public and GG doesn't just do what it wants to: there are set processes that it has to follow .

i hope you find an alternative network that meets yours needs. sorry that GG did not work for you

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 5 of 11
by: isabel1066
on: 24/04/2018 | 19:10
@tommy2186 giffgaff rules you have to follow them and your solicitor won't be able to do anything and now all you can do is change network.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 11
by: figment_uk
on: 24/04/2018 | 20:34

There is no false advertising. The £20 goodybag has a restrictions which are clearly stated on the website, one of which is that if you abuse the data allowance and do not alter your use of the service when requested to do so, they will refuse to allow you to purchase the goodyag in future.   I am sure your solicitor will advise you that giffgaff are quite within their rights in doing so.

You may also be advised that you are infringing giffgaff's terms and conditions, which state that use of their services must be for your private, personal and non-commercial purposes.  I am pretty certain running a one million plus subscriber Youtube channel would not be deemed private, personal and non-commercial use. 

Leaving giffgaff:

Turn off recurring goodybag and auto topups, and remove all payment methods [link]

Taking your number with you:

Dial 43431 or go to http://giffgaff.com/help/pac-code-request to request a PAC (Porting Authorisation Code)

The PAC will be delivered by SMS within 2 hours and displayed on your My giffgaff [link] page, under your number.

The transfer must be initiated within 30 days of requesting the PAC, otherwise it will expire and you will need to request another. Please be aware that mobile networks are not obliged to provide a PAC once your account with them has been terminated.

The moment you port your number away your giffgaff SIM card will be deactivated and you will permanently lose any remaining credit, goodybag and/or payback on your account.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 3 of 11
by: giffgaffprepper
on: 24/04/2018 | 22:35
the £20 goodybag comes with a traffic flow policy, I'm guessing you missed reading iefore you started using it?

if you are using 9gb within a day, I think you are going against gg traffic flow policy?

to be honest if you are really a youtuber, then you need to stick to a decent broadband connection at ALL times, using mobile data is not a reliable connection and can not compete with an unlimited broadband service

the fact is gg is not hiding anything, you failed to read all info available on their website, so I don't recommend you wasting your money on an appointment with your solicitor, he will charge you for his time?

dial 43431 if you wish to transfer your phone number away from gg to a different network
Message 4 of 11
by: various_mm
on: 24/04/2018 | 23:05
@tommy2186

sorry to hear that.

GG have a policy and it acts according to that policy around the unlimited data bag. the polices are public and GG doesn't just do what it wants to: there are set processes that it has to follow .

i hope you find an alternative network that meets yours needs. sorry that GG did not work for you

If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a ' solution '. Thank you!
Message 5 of 11
by: loyalistdan
on: 25/04/2018 | 10:07

Your solicitor hasn't got a case

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 11
by: mcilwraith
on: 25/04/2018 | 11:07 edited: 25/04/2018 | 11:09

if you have home broadband i don`t really see the need for so much data.

i hardly use any data when out and about but i do use lots of gb from my home set up

as has been said once the terms and conditions have been read you will see giffgaff are within their rights

Message 7 of 11
by: andyslc
on: 25/04/2018 | 23:37

I would think very carefully before “exposing”anything to your viewers. The legal ramifications for yourself could be huge. You are not dealing with a small company but part of Telefonica group which includes O2. Seek legal advice before doing anything rash.

I wish every success in finding an operator who can provide for your needs.

Veni vidi dormivi
Message 8 of 11
by: 42gsm
on: 28/04/2018 | 18:14

Really you should be using proper ADSL/fibre , giffgaff isn't designed for a broadband replacement

Message 9 of 11
by: freedmaniac
on: 29/04/2018 | 10:49

@tommy2186

May I advise that you forget the idea of seeing a solicitor - that will simply cost you a lot of money and get you nowhere.

The T&C's are quite specific and so there is no false advertising.

If you use and require 9Gb every day or two, this is not the network for you.

Message 10 of 11