Community

Limitations on Credit Card Payments?

Started by: iceqntrider
On: 23/09/2010 | 16:12
Replies: 6

by: iceqntrider
on: 23/09/2010 | 16:12

Hi giffgaffers,

Are there any limitations on paying via a Credit Card?

o2 have a handy notice, on their website about credit card payments, which reads:

• You can top up £100 within a 30-day period, but within a 24-hour period the maximum amount you can top up is £30 (minimum top up is £10).
  • If you're topping up with a Mastercard for the first time, you are limited to topping up to £20 within the first 30 days of use. After the first 30 days have passed, you can use your Mastercard to top up, up to £100 within every subsequent 30-day period, as usual.
  • You can have three cards registered to your mobile phone at any one time or you can use one card to top up two different mobile phones.
It was take from the o2 website: here.

Does giffgaff have a similar restriction? And is this the reason why some credit card payments don't go through?
Just a thought. Smiley Happy

Cheers, andy
Message 1 of 7
by: essatm93
on: 25/09/2010 | 20:43

i never knew this. quite interesting!

don't think giffgaff have limits on it though

Message 2 of 7
by: simmeon
on: 25/09/2010 | 21:51

Useful info, thanks for the share.

Message 3 of 7
by: iceqntrider
on: 26/09/2010 | 07:50
I only mentioned it as I have been noticing a lot of posts saying about bring unable to activate, or top-up, with a credit card and I thought this may have been why.
I also notice that it seems to be a credit card problem that only certain cards have. I find it funny giffgaff doesn't mention it, on their website, to alleviate some of the stress that this causes. Or at least offering it as an explanation for some of the difficulties some may experience topping up.

andy
Message 4 of 7
by: vincent
former giff-staffer

on: 13/10/2010 | 09:37

We certainly have restrictions on payments, just like any other company. Whether they are the same as O2's I can not say. Mostly because these rules that are in place are to prevent fraud. So if we explain all the rules that trigger the fraud system we would be helping the fraudsters avoid detection.

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/VincentBoon
Message 5 of 7
by: carlokoko
on: 17/10/2010 | 20:18

GOT MY CREDIT EXPIRING TODAY,WANT BUY NEW GB,TO PRESERVE MY CREDIT (AIR TIME),IF THE CC KEEP FAILING I'LL MISS THE CHANCE 2TOP UP AND LOOS MY A TIME.IS THIS INC GETTING FIXED ANY SOON?TNX

Message 7 of 7