Knowledge Base
Community

Lost or Stolen Sim? Make it easier to Report.

Started by: jaymailsays
On: 13/02/2018 | 02:48
Replies: 13

by: jaymailsays
on: 13/02/2018 | 19:14
Click to reveal

blackfive460 wrote:

I didn't find it at all difficult to find when I left my spare 'phone on a train in Germany last year; the first time I've done such a stupid thing I might add.

Within a couple of minutes of realising what I'd done I'd reported and blocked it.

I don't recall having any difficulty at all in finding out how to do it and that was on another mobile.

@blackfive460 Clearly you were adept enough to find 

https://giffgaff.com/support/lost

Not all newbies would necessarily be able to.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 14
by: mcilwraith
on: 13/02/2018 | 19:21 edited: 13/02/2018 | 19:47

not something i think is necessary a click on help at the top of the app and the links are there to follow

actually @jaymailsays and @davidevans0000 i might change my mind 

i just checked the help at the top of the app and its not the same as it used to be.although there are still some helpful links the lost link isn`t showing now

it will come up if you go to see all artickles in the kb

Message 12 of 14
by: jaymailsays
on: 13/02/2018 | 21:09
Click to reveal
Click to reveal

mcilwraith wrote:

not something i think is necessary a click on help at the top of the app and the links are there to follow

actually @jaymailsays and @davidevans0000 i might change my mind 

i just checked the help at the top of the app and its not the same as it used to be.although there are still some helpful links the lost link isn`t showing now

it will come up if you go to see all artickles in the kb

@mcilwraith As you have said the App has changed (in oh so many ways, some for the worst) and https://giffgaff.com/support/lost is not visable in the App or in normal mobile view.

If they can remove it in 5 mins they can restore it however long it takes.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 13 of 14
Highlighted
by: blackfive460
on: 14/02/2018 | 12:23

jaymailsays wrote:

Click to reveal

blackfive460 wrote:

I didn't find it at all difficult to find when I left my spare 'phone on a train in Germany last year; the first time I've done such a stupid thing I might add.

Within a couple of minutes of realising what I'd done I'd reported and blocked it.

I don't recall having any difficulty at all in finding out how to do it and that was on another mobile.

@blackfive460 Clearly you were adept enough to find 

https://giffgaff.com/support/lost

Not all newbies would necessarily be able to.

I can't recall anyone telling me that I'm adept before...

From the front page, I went to the menu, clicked help, self help, typed 'lost sim' and the first result included the link. How simple does it need to be?

The problem is that there are many things that you could list that could be made more prominent but, for example, if you add them all to a menu, you are in danger of defeating the object of the exercise.

Losing a SIM is a pretty rare event so it's probably best to concentrate on providing easy access to the things that a brand new customer needs to do; topping up, buying products, porting in, that kind of thing. Hopefully, by the time a customer loses a SIM they'll have been here long enough to know their way around at least enough to take the simple option, as many seem to do, of asking the community despite the answer having been given many, many times before!

Message 14 of 14