Knowledge Base
Community

Marketing SMS with Incorrect giffgaff Content!

Started by: jaymailsays
On: 09/01/2019 | 11:56
Replies: 8

by: jaymailsays
on: 09/01/2019 | 11:56

@laura_oc

Received giffgaff sms a few minutes ago wrongly saying I would get £10 credit bonus and £5 payback.

Can you advise the content team that SR's are not eligible for the January promotion and should not be blanket marketing members without giving out exclusions.

The text is clearly against ASA guidelines.

It reads in full:-

"Kick off the New Year in style with a smashing offer, get £10 bonus credit when you bring your friend on board. Plus you'll get your £5 Payback too. Woo hoo. Hurry, offer ends 31/1/19.
Share your personal order page now. giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/jaymailsays
Stop Msgs: giff.ly/stopmsg"

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 9
by: as7861
on: 09/01/2019 | 14:52 edited: 09/01/2019 | 14:53

Hi @jaymailsays

Nice spot!

I'll also tag in the help staffers ( @h_henna @antonlg and @roxy_r)

- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 9
by: frpc
on: 09/01/2019 | 15:09 edited: 09/01/2019 | 16:02

Interesting!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwimjaPIiOHfAhVLbVAKHYeMD_IQzPwBegQIARAC&url...

I am not a super recruiter yet and I didn't get a marketing text about the offer?

Yes, I do have marketing contact enabled.

Message 3 of 9
by: antonlg
community giff-staffer

on: 09/01/2019 | 15:51
Very good spot, @jaymailsays. Cheers! Indeed, super recruiters shouldn't have been receiving this SMS.

Thanks @as7861 for the tag.

We flagged it, we identified the issue and I think it was already solved. So the SMSes should go to correct members from now on.

Kudos!
Message 4 of 9
on: 09/01/2019 | 19:15

Thanks @antonlg@as7861@frpc

Would it not be a good idea to run these marketing texts past kb editors prior to being sanctioned for sending out to members?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 9
by: antonlg
community giff-staffer

on: 10/01/2019 | 10:13
@jaymailsays - it can be a good idea and it's worth trying. Might not be the most efficient all the time but definitely something worth considering.

In this case, the error was rather to a tech issue, as the SMS shouldn't arrive to super recruiters' phones.
Message 6 of 9
on: 10/01/2019 | 16:48

@antonlg

Thanks Anton,

That is fair enough, I think there was a similar problem with wrong emails surrounding donations to the charity Crisis, in December, which had incorrectly attributed a credit rather than a donation, even though the donations were correcly allocated. 

Challenging issues but thankfully the team were quick to respond and no harm done.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 9
by: kath72
on: 10/01/2019 | 17:51
Well I now have a text saying they contacted me incorrectly yesterday because I’m not eligible ... I wasn’t contacted yesterday at all !!
Message 8 of 9
on: 10/01/2019 | 18:40

@kath72 wrote:

Well I now have a text saying they contacted me incorrectly yesterday because I’m not eligible ... I wasn’t contacted yesterday at all !!

I got one on both days lol.

Have a look here:-

https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Super-Recruiters/Apologetic-SR-sms-today-has-said-my-next-Recruit-...

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 9 of 9