Community

Maxed my goodybag minutes

Started by: zahra_javid
On: 07/04/2018 | 14:39
Replies: 13

by: zahra_javid
on: 07/04/2018 | 14:39 edited: 07/04/2018 | 19:44

Hi All

My last 2 £5 goodybags i maxed my minutes and the giffgaff recommended goodybag for this month was £7.50 goodybag but in 2 days i have used nearly 50 minutes.  It is unlikely that giffgaff update the allowances for the £5 and £7.50 goodybags.  I think next month i will move upto the £10 goodybag simply for the unlimited minutes so i dont have to worry about running out.

Is anyone else that use mainly goodybag minutes finding that they updated to unlimited minutes goodybags?

Message 1 of 14
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 07/04/2018 | 14:53

@zahra_javid lets see what giffgaff do in terms of updating allowances of lower goodybags if at all but moving up to the £10 goodybag with unlimited minutes is a good decision coz you have the freedom to talk as much as you like without watching your minutes and worrying that your minutes will run out.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 14
by: k89bpa
on: 07/04/2018 | 17:47

I personally recommend the £10 giffgaff package to all low users who approach me asking for advice because it is by far the best package on the market in terms of both value and avoiding any overage charges.

At just £120 per annum for unlimited calls, texts and 36-48GB of mobile data which they can use anywhere in Europe, not only is it astonishingly good value but it also provides peace of mind and a degree of stress-free flexibility should they find their usage changes.

I don't recommend lower packages at all, because they cost the network more to provide than the customers contribute and because all it would take is a month of unusual usage to send costs sky rocketing.

It is much more advantageous to both the network and the customer to buy more than one thinks they'll need in the long run to have that flexibility and peace of mind.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 3 of 14
by: jaymailsays
on: 07/04/2018 | 22:02 edited: 07/04/2018 | 22:09

@zahra_javid It is a no brainer if you depend on extensive mobile minutes and your mainstay is giffgaff to have the insurance of the £10 goodybag. 

There might be months when your usage does not justify your payment but hey for around 33p a day you can't complain that much.

Unlike Contracts you can easily return to the lower priced goodybags if and when required at any time.

Should a majority of your friends join giffgaff and you get free calls and texts to them then you might consider dropping down to cheaper products. It's all about choice.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 14
by: mcilwraith
on: 08/04/2018 | 08:26

It makes sense @zahra_javid unless like me the majority of my calls are to giffgaff users

Message 5 of 14
by: padiho
on: 08/04/2018 | 17:52

I’m a low user and almost always manage to reach the end of my goodybag with some minutes left. On a couple of occasions over the 5 years or so that I’ve been here this hasn’t always been the case. I’ve been left very low with minutes and still a few days to go. I easily solved this by starting my next recurring goodybag early. With giffgaff making that accessible and being very quick and easy to do I don’t see a problem. I would have wasted a fair bit of money by using the £10 goodybag  “ just incase I run out”  

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 14
by: k89bpa
on: 08/04/2018 | 20:04

You gotta do what works for you. On my main package I've used 433 out of unlimited minutes, 27 out of unlimited texts and 18.2 out of 50GB of data. I've also used only a few dozen gigabytes of the unlimited data in my addons.

You'd probably think I'm absolutely nuts paying for those allowances when I'm nowhere near using them up, most people do, but my mobile covers all of my usage so I don't need a fixed line, which effectively puts my mobile cost for this month at just £6 or less compared to those who have a mobile/fixed line combination.

And I'm getting much faster upload and download speeds then them. And I can use it in 50 countries without restriction.

It's all perception isn't it?

People are happy to buy more than they need from fixed line providers and never complain about their usage coming in way under their limits, but in mobile oh my goodness, lol

Baffles me but each to their own.

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 80GB

Message 7 of 14
by: c_lockett
on: 13/04/2018 | 09:12
I have the £5 goodybag and in seems to work well for me as I usually have minutes left over.
I guess I'm not much of a talker.
However a little more data would be beneficial.
Message 8 of 14
by: jeanbean46
on: 13/04/2018 | 12:44

I am happy with my £5 goodybag bag.. Find it hard to use my minutes and texts. 

Message 9 of 14
by: jsmith2009
on: 13/04/2018 | 14:57

Hi

Not had that problem however i suggest you get a goodybag that covers your needs. Thats the nice thing with giffgaff you can adjust your usage as required.

Message 10 of 14