Started by: woodyuk
On: 11/01/2018 | 08:58
Replies: 2

by: woodyuk
on: 11/01/2018 | 08:58 edited: 11/01/2018 | 09:33

I've just noticed that on the roaming charges page here:-

https://giffgaff.com/roaming-charges

It says:-

Our plans, we call them goodybags, include data, minutes and texts to all the countries in the EU and selected destinations. So you can do all the things you would at home, but without any extra cost. The same goes for our Pay as you go prices as well. Bring on the sunshine.

To me that reads that you can use goodybag minutes and texts to make calls and texts to the EU from the UK and I wonder if it's why we regularly see questions in H&S asking why members can't call France for instance using their goodybag?

To make things clearer,I think that line should be changed to:-

Our plans, we call them goodybags, include data, minutes and texts that can be used in the UK and all the countries in the EU and selected destinations. So you can do all the things you would at home, but without any extra cost. The same goes for our Pay as you go prices as well. Bring on the sunshine.

Message 1 of 3
by: endorphin
on: 11/01/2018 | 10:15

woodyuk wrote:

and I wonder if it's why we regularly see questions in H&S asking why members can't call France for instance using their goodybag?

Without being too disparaging I suspect the reason is that they just haven't read any of the guides/KB! They just jump on the headline RLAH features and assume they apply whilst they're in the UK!

However I agree emphasising the fine details wherever possible is a good thing as it should lead to less help being required.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 2 of 3
by: tradertall
on: 11/01/2018 | 10:48 edited: 11/01/2018 | 10:49

@woodyuk good point. this should definitely be corrected. it should be changed from "to" to "from".

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 3