Knowledge Base
Community

Misleading message from GG when buying a Goodybag

Started by: 1happyman
On: 01/09/2018 | 12:13
Replies: 5

by: 1happyman
on: 01/09/2018 | 12:13

I have never used 'recur' to buy Goodybags.

Am I the only one shocked / confused when buying a goodybag with 'Recur my plan' set to 'OFF' to read in a grey highlighted box  just above (Pay Now) the warning (or is it a threat?)

'Note: Just FYI, You'll be charged for your recurring goodybag on day 01 of each month starting 01 OCT 2018'

Now why would it say that when I am clearly not wanting to recur the goodybag?

Would everyone else be happier if that only appeared when 'Recur my plan is set to 'ON' ?

Please GG can you fix that?

I note that the top advertised virtue of 'Relax with a recurring plan' is supposed to be 'Peace of mind' followed by 'Less hassle'.  Presumably that is because you would not see a little note stating that a company is going to remove money from your account when you have asked them not to?

Apologies for seeming so grumpy about this but I am a very variable user who has absolutely no use for a recurring goodybag, which is unsurprisingly the main reason for choosing NOT to go with another company that would require me to have a contract.

Message 1 of 6
by: various_mm
on: 01/09/2018 | 12:39
just the buy the bag and do no recur if you don't want to.

accept that he text does need to make sense to all
If my answer resolved your query then please mark it as a 'best answer'. Thank you!
Message 2 of 6
by: harrrrrry
on: 01/09/2018 | 13:28

@1happyman

The message looks like an error, but it might be wise to check that a recurring goodybag isn't showing at https://giffgaff.com/profile/payment-details

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 3 of 6
by: endorphin
on: 01/09/2018 | 17:44 edited: 01/09/2018 | 17:45

Hi @1happyman yes I agree the "Note" could be better worded even though there is a prominent "Recur my plan" switch saying "OFF":

Untitled-1.jpg

@antonlg Perhaps the note could be reworded as:

"If you do set your goodybag to recur, you'll be charged on day 01 of each month, starting 01 Oct 2018."

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £10 credit
Message 4 of 6
by: antonlg
community giff-staffer

on: 03/09/2018 | 15:03
Cheers mate. @endorphin, I've raised that with the team who implemented that feature and I'm sure they'll take care Smiley Happy

Will do a follow-up soon.
Message 5 of 6
Highlighted
by: tradertall
on: 03/09/2018 | 15:14
good point
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 6