Misleading topup links?

Started by: philiplittle40
On: 13/07/2014 | 07:44
Replies: 22

Go to best answer
by: philiplittle40
on: 13/07/2014 | 07:44
Hey folks

Got someone complaining on FB and I think they have a point. They wanted a goodybag bag + blackberry add-on and clicked on Blackberry plans link. However the link takes you to a single page with everything on it, starting with the normal goodybags. You have to scroll down past these to get to the blackberry plans.

Understandable that someone could get confused and buy a £10 goodybag by mistake, instead of a £10 Blackberry plan.

Ideally the links should go to separate pages, but at least should go straight to the relevant section and not just the top of the page. Misleading and confusing where it doesn't need to be.

I can feel an idea coming on - comments?
Message 1 of 23
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: will23
former giff-staffer

on: 01/10/2014 | 13:23
This change is currently waiting to be developed. Wire frames and designs for the change have all been created, so it's now in the back log for the devs to pick up and make a reality. It's ticket was last updated 2 days ago, so it hasn't been forgotten.
Former Community Manager 
Message 20 of 23
by: bonusball
on: 13/07/2014 | 08:09
That's a good point Phil I'm sure it will help a lot of gaffers

Message 2 of 23
by: andrewhewes
on: 13/07/2014 | 13:34
That's a valid point, GiffGaff are still finding their feet, they've hit the ground running and with the support of O2, they're doing really freakin' well!

The website is getting much smoother and quicker these days to use rather than the jerky, block like, 90's style, slow website they had at first.

They're doing okay, you need to bring this to the agents attention, see if they can rectify it.

Last month, I earned £14 payback which I got as cash, it's worth every little inconvenience ... Albeit it is still an annoyance sometimes when I screw up because of something that wasn't as clear as what it could've been.
Message 3 of 23
by: gordie10
on: 13/07/2014 | 13:35

Could you post the link you're referring to, please?

The page I'm visiting from the top navigation bar: "Our offer" -> "BlackBerry plans / Add-on", takes me to http://giffgaff.com/blackberry-add-on, which goes to the "BlackBerry" tab that only shows BlackBerry plans.

So you must be talking about some other page.

Message 4 of 23
by: blackfive460
on: 13/07/2014 | 13:53

@philiplittle40  

I've tried to find this page too but every method I've tried (on the full site) takes me to a page with nothing but Blackberry products.

Ah, maybe I've found it.

Goodybags, Gigabags and Blackberry plans are all listed on the same page on mobile site. 

Adding an appropriate html Anchor link to the different categories shouldn't be too hard to get to the right place on the page but I agree, they'd be better on separate pages.

Message 5 of 23
by: gordie10
on: 13/07/2014 | 13:57

@blackfive460 wrote:

Ah, maybe I've found it.

Goodybags, Gigabags and Blackberry plans are all listed on the same page on mobile site. 

Adding an appropriate html Anchor link to the different categories shouldn't be too hard to get to the right place on the page but I agree, they'd be better on separate pages.

Ah - mobile site. That would explain it. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 23
on: 13/07/2014 | 14:13
Yes, mobile site - sorry, could have been clearer.
Message 7 of 23
on: 13/07/2014 | 19:02
4 responses in a day - this board has died a death Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 23
by: sloz
on: 13/07/2014 | 22:44
I'm amazed, why on earth did giffgaff change the layout like this. Anyone know when this was altered?
It wouldn't be so bad if when clicking a category , those bags belonging to that category were at the top
As phil says anyone clicking the blackberry plans will click the ( visible) goodybags without thinking . Rather than scrolling down to view the blackberry plans

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 23