Community

Mobile Broadband

Started by: oslingsby
On: 17/10/2010 | 17:14
Replies: 4

Go to best answer
by: oslingsby
on: 17/10/2010 | 17:14

I know this has been talked about alot before and gg werent doing it at the time and it might have been something they might do in the future but have we got any further news on Mobile broadband, its the only thing missing from gg and i rekon i could promote plenty of payg mobile bb sims.

Thanks

Oli

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 5
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: jack17938
on: 17/10/2010 | 17:19
It has been talked a lot about, but I think it is quite low on giffgaff's priorities if it is on the "to-do" list at all.

You may want to PM Vincent for more information on what giffgaff is going about mobile broadband.
Message 2 of 5
by: jack17938
on: 17/10/2010 | 17:19
It has been talked a lot about, but I think it is quite low on giffgaff's priorities if it is on the "to-do" list at all.

You may want to PM Vincent for more information on what giffgaff is going about mobile broadband.
Message 2 of 5
by: brradley
on: 17/10/2010 | 17:29
I think giffgaff is working on making sim only mobile services tiptop before moving onto new projects, maybe in the far future though once giffgaff is well known and fully established? Smiley Happy
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 5
by: kevvy57
on: 17/10/2010 | 17:35
also it would involve selling hardware mobile dongles

giffgaff is a service provider not a hardware provider
Message 4 of 5
by: iceqntrider
on: 17/10/2010 | 18:50

I think the problem would be that giffgaff have said they like the idea of unlimited data, for phones only, so far.

If they then sold SIMs for dongles, iPads, or netbooks, with similar ideals, this would cause a huge surge of data usage on their network as well.

Giffgaff are also known for cheap prices, which is a bit of a problem if you are "giving away" masses of internet data.

I personally can't see how the two ideas, of free internet and cheap prices, can be reconciled without causing members to be unhappy with whatever they decide to do.

andy

Message 5 of 5