by: isabel1066
on: 05/02/2019 | 14:04
for me it's ok the way it is.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 40
by: antiochean
on: 05/02/2019 | 15:19

I tend to disagree...

I'm not sure why getting bigger would make more regular payback a good idea, surely the administration will get more complicated. Payback is a great benefit for the GiffGaff Community, and a couple of times a year means you can accumulate a tidy amount if you're active.Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 40
by: jsmith2009
on: 05/02/2019 | 15:58

I personally am happy with the current payback period and would not like it to change.

Cheers

Message 16 of 40
by: janny27
on: 06/02/2019 | 09:15

It would cost so much more to administer and possibly result in less favourable payback. Personally I think it works well being , twice a year.

Message 17 of 40
by: pete2009
on: 06/02/2019 | 09:41

Hi,

Personally I am happy the way it is. Think if it was monthly I would be spending a lot of time checking if it had gone in etc. Maybe I wouldn't earn enough each month to get Payback also.

Cheers

Message 18 of 40
by: loyalistdan
on: 06/02/2019 | 12:51

@pinkprincess116 wrote:

I think that as Giffgaff gets bigger and as its more well known that payback should be paid 

Monthly

Or 

Quarterly 

not for me.every 6 months is perfect

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 19 of 40
by: thunderdragon
on: 06/02/2019 | 16:46
I agree with the majority of respondents in this thread. The Six Monthly PayBack cycle works well enough for many of us, and it keeps GGs accounting overheads from the PayBack scheme (Which is a valuable customer perk, and doubtless costs a lot to provide) down nicely as well. Smiley Happy

Another way of looking at the situation is comparing it with Tescos' ClubCard scheme, which "Pays out" (Vouchers) every two months or annually, depending on whether or not the holder uses the Christmas Savings scheme:
  • Bi-monthly vouchers work out well for frequent shoppers who buy lots of groceries regularly, and for whom the voucher rewards are large enough to grant a sufficient saving on regular shops. These customers wouldn't want to only get their vouchers twice a year, of course.
  • Annual vouchers work out well for customers like myself who spend small amounts on their groceries (I usually stick to Tesco, but not through wilful customer loyalty. I also use other supermarkets according to availability and what it is I need) and who like to "Bank" the vouchers for a little extra at Christmas. Mine normally get spent on Christmas supplies (Greeting cards and wrapping paper) and any leftovers tend to go on sweets discounted after Boxing Day. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Wink
Overall: I can see why some people might want more frequent Payback payouts...But when considering the extra costs this'd raise for GG and how it'd dilute the PayBack scheme, I'd have to say a No Thankyou on this one. Nice to see the idea, though! Smiley Happy
+++ ThunderDragon +++
WARNING: The "Always On" GoodyBag does NOT offer unlimited data. More details Here.

i before e except after Firefox... Smiley Wink                                     German Sausage jokes: They're the Wurst!... Smiley Tongue
Message 20 of 40