More Help sticky threads revamp

Started by: roxy_r
On: 08/10/2018 | 11:14
Replies: 32

Highlighted
by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 12/10/2018 | 12:27 edited: 12/10/2018 | 12:31

Hey @giffgaff20147, don't worry, that thread will stay there as it is Smiley Happy I am really happy you find it useful!

Regarding the email, yes, we need to try a few things out and see what works best. And you are right, 700 since January is not great which means we just need to be smarter about how we make people aware of Best answers. We now have the Your questions widget on the forum, maybe we can change the copy a bit to add a line that nudges newbies to select a BA.

community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 11 of 33
by: dtuxcomp
on: 14/10/2018 | 23:12
@roxy_r Sounds like a good idea to condense the stickies a little. Haven't read them in so long TBH. It would be worth stressing to new members to stick to a single thread per issue in the hopes it stops them firing off a load of new threads which always causes confusion.
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 12 of 33
by: sarahbanahnah
on: 15/10/2018 | 06:57
Yes agreed. It looks too clumped up otherwise
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click the banner above for a free giffgaff SIM with free airtime credit of £5.
If you can't see it, then click the link below:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/sarahbanahnah
Message 13 of 33
community giff-staffer

on: 15/10/2018 | 09:07
Thanks folks!

@dtuxcomp , we can mention that as well but I am hoping that the new Your questions widget on on the HS forum will help reduce the amount of times that happens because it would be a lot easier for newbies to find to one of their threads.
Message 14 of 33
on: 16/10/2018 | 13:49
@roxy_r I haven't seen that yet but sounds like it should do the trick, I'll try to check it out when I have a mo.
Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 15 of 33
community giff-staffer

on: 16/10/2018 | 15:26

@dtuxcomp , you will need to have some questions posted in HS that have been active in the past 30 days in order for the widget to show. I got a screenshot of it here:

Screen Shot 2018-10-16 at 15.01.32.png

Message 16 of 33
on: 16/10/2018 | 16:43
@roxy_r That's a great way of doing it, I haven't posted a help request in ages so would have been a bit lost trying to find it, thanks for the pic. How long has that been active ? I recently found someone who'd tagged onto a years old post by someone else that had been marked as solved so directed them towards starting a new thread, some members get in quite a panic so anything that helps guide them to seek help in a more reasonable way has to be a bonus not just for them but for the members trying to provide help.
Message 17 of 33
community giff-staffer

on: 17/10/2018 | 15:15
It has been there for a couple of weeks now and I am very keen to see if it helps decrease the number of duplicate posts. we have announced it here: https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Contribute/Update-Community-help-what-s-next/td-p/22273442 Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 33
community giff-staffer

on: 23/10/2018 | 14:49

Heya folks,

Sorry it has taken a while to do this, things have been a bit hectic. We have a first draft. Please have a look and let us know what you think:

Click to reveal

At giffgaff we do things slightly differently; we don't have a call centre, we handle all of our support online so that we can save you money and because we think it's better.

There are several ways of getting help on the website:

1. Browsing help

2. Asking the community

3. Asking an agent

Browsing help

The majority of problems can be solved by reading one of our troubleshooting articles.

You can do this by:

need a hand.png

• Browsing the popular questions

popular questions.png

• Browsing by category

browse by categories.png

Asking The Community

Another way to get the answer to your question is by asking our super helpful members who are a very active bunch and will point you in the right direction faster than you can make a cup of tea!

ask the community.png

To really speed up the process make sure you are as detailed as possible about your situation.

Here are some examples of things you could include:

• What the issue is (including any error messages that you might see)
  • The make and model of your phone
  • Whether you have a goodybag or credit
  • Things you have already tried in order to solve the issue

It is important to keep in mind that this is a public forum so we would advise you not to post any personal information i.e. phone number, bank details or address.

Now that you know what to do, click here to talk to our helpers and don’t forget to tick 'email me when someone replies' to get email notification as soon as one of our helpers answers your question.

Going back to a question you have asked

To find the answers to your question, you can either go to the help page or the help and support page where you will see your recent questions displayed provided you are logged in.

we're here to help.png

It is always best to go back and update the original question instead of asking the question again. That way the helpers will have all the relevant details to give you the best advice.

Saying Thanks! - Marking a Best Answer

Since the gaffers answering your questions are members just like you, it would be nice to thank them for helping you out.

best answer image.png

The best way to do this is by marking the answer that helped solve your problem as a best answer. Not only will this give credit to the member who posted the response but this also identifies the correct answer for other members who land on the community experiencing similar problems.

Asking an Agent

Although the Help and Support Forum is a great place to find help, there are some things that the community will not be able to solve, by this we mean account related issues which will require them to have access to your personal information.

Ask an agent.png

If you find yourself in this situation, it would be best for you to directly contact our agents who work 7 days a week from 8am to 10pm.

Take a look at this When to contact an agent article in the Knowledge base to get a better understanding of when it would be best to do this.

However, if you’re not too sure on which form you should use, feel free to ask the community and they will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Message 19 of 33
on: 23/10/2018 | 18:11
@roxy_r Just given that a quick read through, I didn't test the links but it all reads fine to me, clear, easy to understand and just enough detail without getting too wordy so people turn off.
Message 20 of 33