Knowledge Base
Community

More Help sticky threads revamp

Started by: roxy_r
On: 08/10/2018 | 11:14
Replies: 32

by: germansheppard234
on: 28/10/2018 | 16:48

@roxy_r. Just been through your draft i like it but having had stickies in past members seem not to read them anyway 

The draft is very long are members really going to read through such a long script ,I think a lot will just give up on it ,

Not being negative i no.all the hard work.u do.on these things as well as the stickies is it not possible to.also give members this Info in a welcome pack.say by email when sim is activated , if they only part read it it's a start ,I will think further in this 

Cheers 

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 21 of 33
by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 29/10/2018 | 13:20
Fair point @germansheppard234. I think the best thing we can do is improve on the help sticky thread for now and continue to look at better ways of making newbies aware of how they can get help. Ideally we will make it so intuitive that we won't need anything explaining it.

community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 22 of 33
on: 29/10/2018 | 13:34

@roxy_r

what is that 4th stickie thread that is now in help support

cheers

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 23 of 33
community giff-staffer

on: 29/10/2018 | 13:51
Which one, @germansheppard234? I can only see 3. Can you share a screenshot?
Message 24 of 33
by: essie112mm
on: 29/10/2018 | 16:30

Hi Roxy,

Apologies for the late feedback. 

Yes, the draft is a bit of a mouthful - but so is what it's intended to replace. Trying to compress a lot of information into a bitesize post is a bit like trying to squeeze a pillow back into a carrier bag Smiley Happy

Apart from deleting quite a lot of relevant text the best I can come up with is that you put the three options into spoilers so that the member seeking help isn't hit with a long screed of text and images etc. - by which I mean after this bit : There are several ways of getting help on the website put each of the three help categories as you have drafted them in a spoiler and after each of the first two categories just put something like, "Still stuck? Click on the next category for further help"

It's not very original, but the best I can come up with. The easiest way I can think of to make newbies aware of how they can get help is if the website detects someone searching relevant sections of the community and a pop up asks if they need any assistance? To prevent it becoming annoying it could come with a "Don't show this message again" tickbox. But perhaps that would be part of the intuitive help that you mention. 

27/08/2017
My @mentions are turned OFF
Message 25 of 33
by: harrrrrry
on: 29/10/2018 | 21:24 edited: 29/10/2018 | 21:27

@germansheppard234

what is that 4th stickie thread that is now in help support

Is the background to the fourth one very slightly darker than the first three?

If it is, then it's a thread that you've "floated" -- like a sticky, but you choose it yourself. If you want to unfloat it, open the thread and use the three dots menu to unfloat it again.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 26 of 33
on: 29/10/2018 | 21:29

@roxy_. the 4th sticky as u say has gone it was there last nite and this morn , it started giffgaff when I clicked it the thread was about always on the thread was over 12 months old so well out date , it was defo yellow same as other stickies

its why I asked u what it was ,strange when you want to cut stickies down

cheers

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 27 of 33
on: 29/10/2018 | 21:35

@harrrrrry it must be floated my old eyes they all same colour ,thing is why float a thread that is over a year old then remove it following day , mistake or what ?

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 28 of 33
Highlighted
community giff-staffer

on: 30/10/2018 | 09:16

Great suggestion @essie112mm . Gave it a go and here is what it looks like:

Click to reveal

Folks,

At giffgaff we do things slightly differently; we don't have a call centre, we handle all of our support online so that we can save you money and because we think it's better.

There are several ways of getting help on the website:

1. Browsing help

Click to reveal

Browsing help

The majority of problems can be solved by reading one of our troubleshooting articles.

You can do this by:

need a hand.png

• Browsing the popular questions

popular questions.png

• Browsing by category

browse by categories.png

2. Asking the community

Click to reveal

Asking The Community

Another way to get the answer to your question is by asking our super helpful members who are a very active bunch and will point you in the right direction faster than you can make a cup of tea!

ask the community.png

To really speed up the process make sure you are as detailed as possible about your situation.

Here are some examples of things you could include:

• What the issue is (including any error messages that you might see)
  • The make and model of your phone
  • Whether you have a goodybag or credit
  • Things you have already tried in order to solve the issue

It is important to keep in mind that this is a public forum so we would advise you not to post any personal information i.e. phone number, bank details or address.

Now that you know what to do, click here to talk to our helpers and don’t forget to tick 'email me when someone replies' to get email notification as soon as one of our helpers answers your question.

Going back to a question you have asked

To find the answers to your question, you can either go to the help page or the help and support page where you will see your recent questions displayed provided you are logged in.

we're here to help.png

It is always best to go back and update the original question instead of asking the question again. That way the helpers will have all the relevant details to give you the best advice.

Saying Thanks! - Marking a Best Answer

Since the gaffers answering your questions are members just like you, it would be nice to thank them for helping you out.

best answer image.png

The best way to do this is by marking the answer that helped solve your problem as a best answer. Not only will this give credit to the member who posted the response but this also identifies the correct answer for other members who land on the community experiencing similar problems.

If none of the above options helped solve your issue, then you might want to try:

3. Asking an agent

Click to reveal

Asking an Agent

Although the Help and Support Forum is a great place to find help, there are some things that the community will not be able to solve, by this we mean account related issues which will require them to have access to your personal information.

Ask an agent.png

If you find yourself in this situation, it would be best for you to directly contact our agents who work 7 days a week from 8am to 10pm.

Take a look at this When to contact an agent article in the Knowledge base to get a better understanding of when it would be best to do this.

However, if you’re not too sure on which form you should use, feel free to ask the community and they will be happy to point you in the right direction.

I agree, there are so many ways we can try and put this info in front of newbies. As you know, we are in the process of moving platforms so we have to focus on making the move first and then we will have loads more things to leverage in order to make help better. What I have seen from the new platform is quite exciting and I cannot wait to take advantage of it. But that means that for now, we will limit to making changes that will be easy to move to the new platform. As soon as we are on new land I will take out my notes and start working on them. Also, there is a possibility that we will find other features that might change the way we see things now. Quite exciting times ahead Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 33
by: essie112mm
on: 30/10/2018 | 12:15

Hi Roxy,

Thank you for doing what I was too tired to bother to do yesterday!

For me, the spoilers do the trick as they keep all the advice without making members feel as if they are bombarded with information, which can be daunting for some, especially those who are not familiar with how giffgaff works. 

I recognise that the new platform will make many more things possible, and in a sense you are marking time with some projects until it is in place and everyone can see what possibilities it opens up. 

27/08/2017
My @mentions are turned OFF
Message 30 of 33