Started by: h_henna
On: 17/08/2018 | 14:11
Replies: 32

Highlighted
by: h_henna
community giff-staffer

on: 17/08/2018 | 14:11 edited: 17/08/2018 | 14:14

Hey folks,

As you know, our helpers do some amazing work and we want to make things as easy as possible for them when advising our helpees on what their next best step is in order to get their issue fixed or their question answered. Part of that is making sure that the helpers are as up to date as possible with our recent changes and new features available on giffgaff.

After loads of brainstorming, we thought the best way to bring this to life would be by having a sticky thread in Help and Support, which we can update every time we change anything that impacts the advice members give on the Help and Support forum.

There are a few existing stickies on the H+S board but, one that spoke out to us in particular which would make a great opening post for this new thread - What does a great post contain? by @essie112mm (Thanks Essie!). So, we have reached out to her to collaborate and here is an example of a structure to the thread  we came up with:

Opening post:

Click to reveal
Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 13.35.29.png

Structure of an update:

Click to reveal

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 11.32.21.png

We plan on getting this  out real soon and locking the thread so that the members that subscribe to it only get notified when an update has been posted, but don’t you worry, we will have this thread here open in case you want to share your thoughts, ideas and feedback.

I really hope you've found this useful.

Wishing you all an awesome weekend ahead!

Message 1 of 33
by: davidevans0000
on: 17/08/2018 | 14:29
well done @h_henna this looks like it could be good for the H&S section.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 33
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 17/08/2018 | 14:37

@h_henna wrote:

Hey folks,

As you know, our helpers do some amazing work and we want to make things as easy as possible for them when advising our helpees on what their next best step is in order to get their issue fixed or their question answered. Part of that is making sure that the helpers are as up to date as possible with our recent changes and new features available on giffgaff.

After loads of brainstorming, we thought the best way to bring this to life would be by having a sticky thread in Help and Support, which we can update every time we change anything that impacts the advice members give on the Help and Support forum.

There are a few existing stickies on the H+S board but, one that spoke out to us in particular which would make a great opening post for this new thread - What does a great post contain? by @essie112mm (Thanks Essie!). So, we have reached out to her to collaborate and here is an example of a structure to the thread  we came up with:

Opening post:

Click to reveal
Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 13.35.29.png

Structure of an update:

Click to reveal

Screen Shot 2018-08-17 at 11.32.21.png

We plan on getting this  out real soon and locking the thread so that the members that subscribe to it only get notified when an update has been posted, but don’t you worry, we will have this thread here open in case you want to share your thoughts, ideas and feedback.

I really hope you've found this useful.

Wishing you all an awesome weekend ahead!

@h_henna this is a great idea and perfect way for helpers to provide up to date information when answering questions in H&S section to members

Well done to you and rest of giffgaff team for the continued awesome improvements.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 3 of 33
by: mcilwraith
on: 17/08/2018 | 14:41

sounds a good plan to me @h_henna

thumbup.gif

Message 4 of 33
by: allan1954
on: 17/08/2018 | 14:47
looks like a great plan to me @h_henna
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 5 of 33
by: figment_uk
on: 17/08/2018 | 16:13

Sounds like a no-brainer to me @h_henna

I hope that it is going to be updated regularly, and doesn't get forgotten about after a couple of months, like many of its predecessors.

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.

Message 6 of 33
by: essie112mm
on: 17/08/2018 | 16:15 edited: 17/08/2018 | 16:17

Good afternoon Henna and thank you for mentioning me.

Improving the way in which helpers post and assist fellow members with their issues on Help and Support is something that has long been overdue. I suppose the act of helping is the essence of the word giffgaff : mutual assistance. (It helps of course that payback oils the wheels nicely though Smiley Wink) But whether given for altruistic purposes - and I know that there are some who do just that - or for reward it is important that the help we offer is the best that we can give. Important not only for the person needing assistance but also for the credibility of giffgaff. 

Over the last couple of years things have been slowly changing for the better and this new thread is yet another step in the right direction, which I welcome. To ensure that it is seen by as many helpers as possible might I suggest that when it is posted in H&S all regular contribtors are sent a PM with a link to it as many never visit any of the other community forums and will not read this thread. And when any new member posts giving help for the first time they are also sent an automatic PM advising them of the stickied thread. 

Finally, can I ask if there are any plans to place a stickied + locked Service Checker thread on Help and Support? The one on the Service Updates page would obviously need to stay in place, but a duplicate might cut down on the number of "help I have no service" threads, as members often go straight to H&S without checking elsewhere to see if there is an issue. 

27/08/2017
My @mentions are turned OFF
Message 7 of 33
by: roxy_r
community giff-staffer

on: 20/08/2018 | 09:12
We will indeed send s PM to helpers to let them know, @essie112mm but as always we are counting on your support to make sure that we get the most out of this thread.

When it comes to the Service checker, now that we have launched the Toolbox as a tailored view for helpers we can slowly start preparing the forum to be more helpee focused. One thing we are working on right now is having a little widget at the top that highlights your 3 recently active questions in Help. We have seen plenty of members being confused to how they go back to their question and we hope this will help. At the same time, I would like to simplify the Ask a question form and improve a bit on the copy on that page to make it easier for members to ask their question. We will post about it in more details soon.

community manager in the Help&Support area
links Visit the community guidelines <Check the Knowledge base
Message 8 of 33
by: h_henna
community giff-staffer

on: 20/08/2018 | 10:33 edited: 20/08/2018 | 10:37

Hey Guys,

Thank you for all the support and  for the great suggestions @essie112mm. I am writing a PM  for our helpers as we speak.

The thread has now been posted and you can check it out here.

Happy Monday to all!

Message 9 of 33
by: endorphin
on: 20/08/2018 | 10:59 edited: 20/08/2018 | 11:00

Hi @h_henna I've seen the thread and it's looking good. A couple of suggestions:

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £10 credit
Message 10 of 33