Community

More hassle than its worth???

Started by: jo_sayer
On: 12/10/2011 | 14:57
Replies: 5

Go to best answer
by: jo_sayer
on: 12/10/2011 | 14:57

Well I had my phone stolen, so I had the phone and the sim card blocked, I was told that a replacement sim with my remaining balance and my original number would be sent to me, Great yep I got it pretty quick!!! Now the hassle has started, its not quite as easy as they made it out to be.

First I had to wait 4 hours for the sim to activate, after this I still couldn't use my phone so I asked an agent, after waiting 24 hours for a reply they tell me its all sorted....... Or NOT, now they want the imie number as there's a block on sim and phone, there obviously not listening as ive just told them the phone was STOLEN!!!!, so how on earth am I suppose to know the bloody number, 2 days of no phone witch also means no work, very expensive!!!!
lol Rant over

Message 1 of 6
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: stephenmiller
on: 12/10/2011 | 15:10

I know how you feel, when my phone got stolen the culprit managed to rack up a lot of costly overseas calls before I reported it stolen which I had to pay for. People that nick phones should be shot or eaten by cannibals.

Some agents are better than others and I have heard of some not very good ones, if you're getting stupid answers from one you can ask for your case to be transferred to someone else.

Sorry for the hassle, the agents are probably the weak link in the giffgaff system lol

Message 6 of 6
by: ingliston
on: 12/10/2011 | 15:00

I feel sorry for you as this can happen to anyone, bear with it and it will all come good.

Get a free Giffgaff Sim

I hope this helped! Kudos is most welcome, just click the star on the left!
Message 2 of 6
Highlighted
by: tashdac
on: 12/10/2011 | 15:02

i left my phone at home by accident the other day and felt lost while at work (no angry birds)Smiley Mad

Message 3 of 6
on: 12/10/2011 | 15:03

It's quite common for there to be a security block that isn't lifted when the new sim is activated but I don't see why they would want the IMEI number, the only reason I can think of is that they believe that you found your phone and want to unbar it.

Message 4 of 6
by: jo_sayer
on: 12/10/2011 | 15:04

fingers crossed lol.
ive just been told there sending the case to technical support to lift the bar, n it will take a couple of days!!!!! im sooo angry, mainley with the git that stole my phone in the first place and causeing me all this hassle. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 6
on: 12/10/2011 | 15:10

I know how you feel, when my phone got stolen the culprit managed to rack up a lot of costly overseas calls before I reported it stolen which I had to pay for. People that nick phones should be shot or eaten by cannibals.

Some agents are better than others and I have heard of some not very good ones, if you're getting stupid answers from one you can ask for your case to be transferred to someone else.

Sorry for the hassle, the agents are probably the weak link in the giffgaff system lol

Message 6 of 6