Community

More of a rant

Started by: craigpotter1996
On: 19/09/2015 | 11:43
Replies: 10

Go to best answer
by: craigpotter1996
on: 19/09/2015 | 11:43

Hey GiffGaff, this is totally disrespectful of me considering the great prices you've given us over the years, but as a loyal customer I am royally p****d off with how you've stopped the £15 goodybag offer to existing customers! I NEED THE UNLIMITED INTERNET, I'm going away on the 6th of October for a week, and I need to have my unlimited UK data to organise travel times etc, and more importantly so, my money is all spent up, on everything to do with said holiday, so that extra £5 for unlimited internet really isn't going to happen I'm afraid, and why should it? If I was given an email or text in advance saying that the goodybag was going to be no longer avaliable it would have been fine, I would have organised to make a one off and get the £20 bag, or try find a network that does unlimited. The fact I as a long term customer wasn't even given warning of such action is outrageous and how its now going impact how smoothly my plans go over the next 5 weeks is just a pain in the a** and not needed. I don't expect a responce to this as its not asking for help or support, I would just like the men in suits to know, yes you run a great company, yes its cheaper than a lot of other people, but personally you've made my life so much harder right now. Thank you GiffGaff.

Message 1 of 11
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
by: acetech
on: 19/09/2015 | 12:15 edited: 19/09/2015 | 12:17

Many did receive emails but it may be possible that some may have been missed or delivered to spam, or maybe in some cases delivered to an old email address.

For price/goodybag changes it shouldn't matter what a persons email preferences are set to, they should be informed as it is directly regarding their service (therefore does not break any anti spam rules).

I also feel they should be BOTH emailed and texted, to give a better chance of them receiving it, linking to the relevant information page on the website.

Every time major changes are made there are some who say they never received an update or notice, hence the suggestion about texting it too, as no matter what as long as the sim is in use, they should get the message.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 11
by: mnivs
on: 19/09/2015 | 11:47
Everyone was notified about the changes some time ago. If you have opted NOT to receive notifications from giffgaff then this would be why you did not receive the message.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 11
on: 19/09/2015 | 11:53

Nope never opted out, always had updates, just not recieved one.

Message 3 of 11
by: denizdy87
on: 19/09/2015 | 12:00
Not sure how you missed out on the updates.. the forums were flooded
Message 4 of 11
on: 19/09/2015 | 12:07

I do not use the forum, as stated, I expected an email or text update due to this. I'm a busy guy without time to check the giffgaff forum for things them as a business should be informing their customers regardless.

Message 5 of 11
by: acetech
on: 19/09/2015 | 12:15 edited: 19/09/2015 | 12:17

Many did receive emails but it may be possible that some may have been missed or delivered to spam, or maybe in some cases delivered to an old email address.

For price/goodybag changes it shouldn't matter what a persons email preferences are set to, they should be informed as it is directly regarding their service (therefore does not break any anti spam rules).

I also feel they should be BOTH emailed and texted, to give a better chance of them receiving it, linking to the relevant information page on the website.

Every time major changes are made there are some who say they never received an update or notice, hence the suggestion about texting it too, as no matter what as long as the sim is in use, they should get the message.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 11
by: germansheppard234
on: 19/09/2015 | 12:27
Sorry u feel like this, r u sure u got notifications turned on in your profile settings, we have 3 gg sims and I got emails on all 3, it is possible gg did not get them to all members for some reason, things go wrong and it's a shame if we lose members through it
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 7 of 11
by: gteaz
on: 19/09/2015 | 12:32
Giffgaff should turn off recurring goodybag when they are going to get less for more money/same money

Giffgaff not sending mass text out when important changes happen is very big problem with giffgaff
Message 8 of 11
by: gteaz
on: 19/09/2015 | 12:33
The flood of messages we get between janJanuary 12th and February 25th will be interesting when the £20 unlimited goodybag stop
Message 9 of 11
by: django21
on: 19/09/2015 | 13:15

I had an e-mail a while ago about the update.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 11