Knowledge Base
Community

'My Payments' display is a bit wrong (bug report) or at least could be easier to read!

Started by: pete_j
On: 17/12/2018 | 18:32
Replies: 3

by: pete_j
on: 17/12/2018 | 18:32

Just noticed that the 'My Payments' display in my account seems to be a bit 'broken'?

https://giffgaff.com/orders/history/others

(It works, but it's confusing.)

This list displays payments starting from the oldest year first at the top, but the most recent month before earlier months! Consequently, the entry for November 2018 (the most recent payment) is on the line below January 2017!

The sequence runs: Dec 2017, Nov 2017, ..., Mar 2017, Feb 2017, Jan 2017, Nov 2018, Oct 2018, Sept 2018, etc.

This is just unnatural! (And is surely a bug?!)

My preferred order would be simply to have the latest transaction at the top of the list, and then the others in strict reverse chronological order. This is fairly common practice and is surely easier to implement than whatever GiffGaff is doing at the moment? Would also be easier for people with many pages of account detail (mine is 5 pages long).

A second irritation on that page is that after opening a 'View Details' link for a particular payment, browser-back has lost your place in the list so you have to go and find it again. I discovered that I could open the details in a new tab (using RMB menu), so I could compare the content more easily, but this could be made more obvious.

Message 1 of 4
by: figment_uk
on: 17/12/2018 | 18:39

@pete_j

Click on the tiny triangle next to "Date" to sort the column

2018-12-17_18-36-52.png

I do not work for giffgaff, so cannot check anything on your account. This is a public community - please do not post any personal info.
Message 2 of 4
on: 17/12/2018 | 19:06

Well, thank you for that. I hadn't spotted the triangle.
Yours seems to display correctly, but it doesn't help my list.

I shall see if I can illustrate the problem.

The first image shows the default view. 2014 comes before 2016, but December comes before November, etc

Years increase down the page but months decrease.

2018-12-17_GiffGaffMyPayments_01.jpg

Clicking the arrow, the order is reversed. This shows the most recent payment, presumably, as Jan 2018, followed by Feb 2018, etc. Here, years decrease down the page but months increase.

2018-12-17_GiffGaffMyPayments_02.jpg

(It's just occurred to me that this might be a Ghostery artefact in Firefox, so I need to check that and report back.)

Message 3 of 4
on: 17/12/2018 | 19:29 edited: 17/12/2018 | 19:36

Interesting.

Just tried to repeat the behaviour using the Opera browser, which does not have the Ghostery anti-tracking add-on installed, and that page is behaving correctly (despite any default anti-tracking settings).

I have seen some strange effects on other websites, due to Ghostery's rather comprehensive behaviour.

However, despite disabling Ghostery, and CanvasBlocker as well (the other add-on) the page still doesn't work correctly in Firefox.

In both cases, Opera (57.0.3098.102) and Firefox (64.0) are latest versions.

Here's the list as seen in the Opera browser, displaying correctly:2018-12-17_GiffGaffMyPayments_03.jpg

Message 4 of 4