Community

NEW IDEAS

Started by: herne1
On: 28/11/2018 | 18:49
Replies: 18

by: mcilwraith
on: 30/11/2018 | 18:45

@ujo55 wrote:

But then of course Labs is also spammed with ideas such as starting GG airlines for the sake of payback presumably.

as daft as that might seem this idea wasn`t discarded out of hand

Message 11 of 19
by: as7861
on: 30/11/2018 | 19:20 edited: 30/11/2018 | 19:27

Or people could join the conversation here-
https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Labs-Discussion/Journey-continues-Labs-KB/gpm-p/22342688

I am just trying to find where Fadlur said he would post in contribute? I know there were suggestions from us to do so but no promises.

In my view in all honesty before the review process I would have said yea it needs to go to contribute but now we have a review process, I think contribute has become a place where an idea can be enhanced and feedback can be gained but if someone wants to not post the thread in contribute, I would have to agree with @fadlur_f on this occasion a person comes on to submit an idea only to be told they have to go through a longer process. If a person does take the effort to submit an idea it should be given that respect of so.

Hi @mcilwraith @ujo55

It honestly true giffgaff did mark it as future thinking, I do think giffgaff does take ideas very seriously -

https://labs.giffgaff.com/idea/16705937/giffgaff-air

if you want to view other futuristic ideas here they are Smiley Tongue

https://labs.giffgaff.com/browse?f=12&Idea_page=1

- Amer Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 19
by: ip633
on: 30/11/2018 | 20:13 edited: 30/11/2018 | 20:15

@as7861

I don’t have a problem with people posting their ideas directly in Labs necessarily, and some are no-brainers which need little or no development beforehand. But we can’t ignore the fact that the majority of ideas will never see the light of day, and it doesn’t help anyone if a perfectly sensible suggestion is overlooked because of the sheer volume of submissions that are being handled. 

This idea was featured in the latest edition of The gaff, and let’s be honest, does anyone seriously believe that it would take eight years to decide whether it could be implemented or not?

Message 13 of 19
by: bill48er
on: 30/11/2018 | 20:47

@as7861 said "I am just trying to find where Fadlur said he would post in contribute? I know there were suggestions from us to do so but no promises. "

You will not find were @fadlur_f said he would make a post, because he has not.

He did pose a question though that some of us think should be opened up to the whole community rather than just the few of us who are still active in the labs Group, and we have already offered our input.

In this case, it is a topic that should have much a wider audience than it is likely to receive in the Labs group and should be initiated by a staffer.

giffgaff is after all run by us all - not just a few.

Forum Etiquette: If a post answers your question please accept it as "Best Answer" so that others may find it.
Give KUDOS if you like what you read!
Click this link to request a free giffgaff SIM card with £5 free credit on activation.
Message 14 of 19
by: ip633
on: 02/12/2018 | 11:17 edited: 02/12/2018 | 12:08

@mcilwraith wrote:

@ujo55 wrote:

But then of course Labs is also spammed with ideas such as starting GG airlines for the sake of payback presumably.

as daft as that might seem this idea wasn`t discarded out of hand

I used to enjoy reading some of the wackier proposals, and this community would be a dull place if we couldn’t lighten the mood every now and again. This idea always made me smile  Smiley Wink

But if giffgaff are serious about sticking to a mantra of “quality rather than quantity”, then they need to stop incentivising people to post ideas. If someone has thought up a good idea they’d naturally want to share it, but it’s no surprise with the current system that people aren’t properly motivated to think up something that’s original, and if an idea seems obvious, then it’s almost certainly been suggested before. 

This blog from 2013 was written by Timo when he was still involved with the ideas process, and I’ll leave it to you guys to decide how much of that article is still relevant today. But I disagree with the thinking that we need to encourage people to post ideas, because I don’t see a quiet month for new submissions as being a cause for concern. There’s an old proverb “necessity is the mother of invention”, and the ideas will come, but we don’t need to see hundreds of them every month. 

Edit: typo

Message 15 of 19
by: tradertall
on: 03/12/2018 | 17:47
it takes ages to get ideas published
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 19
by: bill48er
on: 03/12/2018 | 22:54

@tradertall wrote:

it takes ages to get ideas published

That's because 3 or 400 submissions have to be manually checked each month, first to see it it is actually and idea and not a request for help or should be in one of the other parts of the forum, like GD.

Then assuming the OP does not require "educating",  there are 5,016 (and counting) ideas to be searched looking for possible duplicated already suggested ideas.

Yes, this does take time and yes, if the suggestions from the Labs group were to be implemented there would be a much smaller number of "new" ideas that need to go through the validation process. Then the wait-time would be reduced - thus less frustration for those members who submit a idea and become frustrated because they think that they are being ignored. Smiley Sad

Forum Etiquette: If a post answers your question please accept it as "Best Answer" so that others may find it.
Give KUDOS if you like what you read!
Click this link to request a free giffgaff SIM card with £5 free credit on activation.
Message 17 of 19
by: fadlur_f
community giff-staffer

on: 04/12/2018 | 16:25
Hi all,
Thank you for all the replies, I understand the importance of contribute, this is why highlighting the importance of submitting the idea there is stated alongside the first step in the KB. Being conscious of keeping everything together in one place. Anyone interested in the KB Labs to can share their feedback here .- https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Labs-Discussion/Journey-continues-Labs-KB/gpm-p/22342688

If you have not joined already, you can do so by hitting join. It won't be long before the request is approved, then you will be able to see the thread in question.

Thanks,
Fadlur
Message 18 of 19
Highlighted
by: ujo55
on: 04/12/2018 | 17:06
Always a good ploy to hide a tread away somewhere it will get little exposure in order to stifle discussion.
Message 19 of 19