Need for a delete post option under advanced reply

Started by: zahra_javid
On: 08/03/2018 | 20:05
Replies: 7

Go to best answer
by: zahra_javid
on: 08/03/2018 | 20:05

Hi All

There should be a delete post option under advanced reply.

The reason for this is because many times when i post the post doesnt go through due to sn error and when it finally does then 2 duplicate posts get posted.

This issue could be fixed if there was a delete post option.

What does everyone think?

Message 1 of 8
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by: geu42
on: 08/03/2018 | 20:20
When it happens, just report the duplicate post and ask for it to be removed. I can't see them ever giving us a delete post option.
Message 3 of 8
by: shabazmoqsud
on: 08/03/2018 | 20:07

zahra_javid wrote:

Hi All

There should be a delete post option under advanced reply.

The reason for this is because many times when i post the post doesnt go through due to sn error and when it finally does then 2 duplicate posts get posted.

This issue could be fixed if there was a delete post option.

What does everyone think?

This is a very good idea much needed.

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
by: geu42
on: 08/03/2018 | 20:20
When it happens, just report the duplicate post and ask for it to be removed. I can't see them ever giving us a delete post option.
Message 3 of 8
by: davidevans0000
on: 08/03/2018 | 20:26

@zahra_javid found this on the forum from ex giffgaff staffer.  

former giff-staffer

Status changed to: Not For Us
This is not suitable as we need a record of everyting people post on our forums. Just in case something goes horribly wrong. I'm sure you can think of aweful scenarios and why we need records of what happened. If not, I'll be happy to discuss this in private.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 8
on: 08/03/2018 | 20:39

geu42 wrote:

@geu42 thanks i forgot i could do that

@davidevans0000 thank you for post very helpful

I understand now why there wont be a delete post option.

Message 5 of 8
by: guy_ow
community giff-staffer

on: 08/03/2018 | 20:57
as @geu42 has mentioned, if you ever need to do something like this, just report the post..that's what we are here for Smiley Happy (amongst other things obviously haha).

guy_ow

giffgaff Educator

Message 6 of 8
by: dtuxcomp
on: 08/03/2018 | 23:58
@zahra_javid
You could also just edit the 2nd post and erase all the text. That way whatever you posted would still be kept on record as the previous revision of the post but you wouldn't have to wait for a moderator to delete one for you.

Smiley Happy Take my advice, I'm not using it | Dtuxcomp's Tips | Free Giffgaff SIM with £5 credit
Message 7 of 8
on: 09/03/2018 | 04:21

dtuxcomp wrote:

@zahra_javid
You could also just edit the 2nd post and erase all the text. That way whatever you posted would still be kept on record as the previous revision of the post but you wouldn't have to wait for a moderator to delete one for you.

@dtuxcomp

Thats exactly what i do

I just edit it and put double post.

Message 8 of 8