Knowledge Base
Community

Network outage and goodwill offer

Started by: bubs04
On: 18/12/2018 | 20:32
Replies: 18

by: tradertall
on: 19/12/2018 | 11:31
when is the 90p supposed to be paid out for those who have chosen compensation ?
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 11 of 19
Highlighted
by: inspiron42
on: 20/12/2018 | 08:25
@49bpa those terms cover acts of God, so giffgaff is still liable, as the problem was due to bad management.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 12 of 19
by: k89bpa
on: 20/12/2018 | 09:09 edited: 20/12/2018 | 09:19

@inspiron42 I think you'll find the outage falls under the "circumstances beyond our control" clause.

giffgaff can't be reasonably held liable for a third party supplier of the wholesale services which they purchase. They have no influence over something like that.

If they even tried to contact Ericsson directly about the issue I strongly suspect they'd be told to "do one" becauss the contract is between Ericsson and O2, not Ericsson and giffgaff.

Further, it's a PAYG service with no Service Level Agreement, and there were no additional costs incurred by the customer, (except the multiple texts issue, which has been refunded). 

Sitting on the outside looking in objectiively the only thing giffgaff actually did wrong and deserve criticism for regarding this matter is the fact that they went to the media rather to their customers when the resolution was finalized. That was appalling. 

Everything else they did,, people might not like it but the company can't really be criticised for it, everyone who wanted to be compensated for a days lost service has been, and it's been done quicker than some of the other affected networks customers have been to boot. 

Huawei P20 Pro | 9.0.0 | Data Plan: 180GB
For the meaning behind the codes in my posts search the code GGK-0228-2309
Message 13 of 19
by: 4128334
on: 20/12/2018 | 10:07
@inspiron42
Good Morning,
Under gifgaff's T&C's they are not liable for any additional costs incurred by the outage that was caused by a third party.
See the following extract from the T&C's :-
b) if we cannot provide the Service to you because of something beyond our reasonable control;
c) for losses that haven’t resulted naturally from our breach or that we couldn’t have foreseen, or loss of profit, loss of business, costs, expenses or any other form of financial loss. Nor shall we be liable to you for any loss of income, business or profits (including loss of revenue) or for any loss of data in connection with your use of the Service;
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 14 of 19
by: giffgaff20147
on: 20/12/2018 | 11:11

@bubs04

Helo normally if a mast goes down no compensation is paid ,

loss of sevice happens all time 

I don’t see why on this occasion anything was offered it’s just created bad feeling 

o2 members on payg only got about 85p 

Contract members got more 

its a lot of fuss over nothing ,

you learn with networks keep a spare sim with another network For situations like this 

Message 15 of 19
by: davidevans0000
on: 20/12/2018 | 11:18
@giffgaff20147 where do you get those o2 customers PAYG got 85p this is wrong they will get in January £1 free credit when they add £10 airtime credit.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 16 of 19
by: giffgaff20147
on: 20/12/2018 | 12:37

@davidevans0000

Wrote where do you get those o2 customers PAYG got 85p this is wrong they will get in January £1 free credit when they add £10 airtime credit.

it was on the o2 forum 

I like the £1 if you topup £10 

thats like saying you pay us and we will give you something ,

all the same in my mind it’s a lot of fuss over an everyday event of loosing service that happens every day of the year to many who get nothing 

note contract members got different awards 

Message 17 of 19
by: inspiron42
on: 21/12/2018 | 08:11
Eirkson will be paying compensation to O2 and O2 will be paying compensation to giffgaff. You cannot delegate responsibility, so giffgaff and O2 are both liable for Erikson's actions
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 18 of 19
by: sarahbanahnah
on: 21/12/2018 | 10:27
So true
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Click the banner above for a free giffgaff SIM with free airtime credit of £5.
If you can't see it, then click the link below:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/sarahbanahnah
Message 19 of 19