Knowledge Base
Community

New Ask an Agent category

Started by: harrrrrry
On: 17/07/2018 | 00:12
Replies: 7

by: harrrrrry
on: 17/07/2018 | 00:12

There's an Agent category "Unable to get SMS from Bank" which I suspect is relatively new.

Fair enough, but why is it under the heading of Top-up-balances-and-goodybags ? I'm sure nobody would ever think of looking for it there Smiley Surprised

Calls, texts and data would seem to be more appropriate.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 1 of 8
by: nominate
on: 17/07/2018 | 00:27

harrrrrry wrote:

There's an Agent category "Unable to get SMS from Bank" which I suspect is relatively new.

Fair enough, but why is it under the heading of Top-up-balances-and-goodybags ? I'm sure nobody would ever think of looking for it there Smiley Surprised

Calls, texts and data would seem to be more appropriate.

It could have been placed there because the banks might text to verify top-ups and goodybag purchases before authorising the transaction especially if it was their first top-up or purchase from giffgaff.

Message 2 of 8
by: freedmaniac
on: 17/07/2018 | 07:52

@harrrrrry

Isn't it linked to many banks asking customers to verify transactions, especially new ones, by inputting a code sent by sms ?

Message 3 of 8
by: harrrrrry
on: 17/07/2018 | 08:24

@freedmaniac

It's not necessary to buy a goodybag for the bank to send the code. Many banks will send it every time you log in to their online account. So it's not always (or usually) about buying a goodybag. It could be about any other financial transaction that needs specific authority.

But whatever reason it is sent, it is always a text -- which is why calls, texts and data would be a more appropriate place to put it.

Get a free giffgaff Sim

Message 4 of 8
by: nominate
on: 17/07/2018 | 09:05 edited: 17/07/2018 | 09:06
Click to reveal

harrrrrry wrote:

But whatever reason it is sent, it is always a text -- which is why calls, texts and data would be a more appropriate place to put it.

Maybe it would be more appropriate under both categories Top-up-balances-and-goodybags and Calls, texts and data.

Message 5 of 8
by: freedmaniac
on: 17/07/2018 | 19:59

@harrrrrry

I did say that it was about transactions in general - I did not mean goodybags especially.

Message 6 of 8
by: endorphin
on: 18/07/2018 | 11:08 edited: 18/07/2018 | 11:16

Yes I agree, that AaA should be under Calls, Texts & Data Issues as bank verification can be needed on any purchase from any store.

Also it should be added to https://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Using-giffgaff/When-to-contact-an-agent/ta-p/9114714 under which major category it ends up in.

Get a free giffgaff SIM/microSIM/nanoSIM with free £5 credit
Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
by: chand311
on: 18/07/2018 | 11:11

Bank sends text only in case if there are some suspicious / unusual transactions in your account. As it happen to me and I rang customer services to secure my money and they helped me. 

Message 8 of 8