Knowledge Base
Community

New Tesco Mobile Tariff - to rival giffgaff?

Started by: shutterbug
On: 10/10/2010 | 09:41
Replies: 35

by: shutterbug
on: 10/10/2010 | 09:41

I went to a friend's house last night, and took one of my Refer A Friend SIMs for him as requested. We swapped his SIM over, and activated the giffgaff SIM online, no problem. Whoo Hoo - my first 500 refferal points Smiley Very Happy

My mate then rang his current provider, Tesco Mobile, to request a PAC to port his number over to giffgaff. After a few minutes discussion on the phone, it seems the Tesco operative told him about a new offering which will be available from them from 23rd October 2010.

For £10 a month (by DD I assume, my mate didn't ask) Tesco will be giving 300 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data!

Ok, I suspect this might involve a contract (again, my mate didn't ask), but at first sight it seems to be offering double the minutes of the new £10 Goodybag. The offer seemed good enough for my mate anyway - he's now keeping his three family phones with Tesco Mobile Smiley Sad

I'm certainly not posting this here to advertise the Tesco deal - I love the giffgaff idea, and the support is brilliant through the community. I really thought I'd post it in case the hierarchy at giffgaff haven't heard about it, and might want to give us even more minutes for our £10 Smiley Wink

Click Here to request a die-cut giffgaff NANO-SIM with £5 credit for your iPhone 5!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To request a precut iPhone 4 microSIM with £5 bonus credit fill out this order form
For a standard SIM with £5 bonus credit please click the banner below.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 1 of 36
by: kevvy57
on: 10/10/2010 | 09:44
Tesco have fair use policy on data limited to 500mb a month

so unlike the giffgaff policy of truly unlimited these deals aint unlimited

Message 2 of 36
by: aks782
on: 10/10/2010 | 09:47

300 mins and utld texts and data - must have been a 12 month contract and utld isn't actually unlimited as previous poster has said.

For a giffgaff sim with £5 FREE CREDIT when you activate, click here

Message 3 of 36
by: shutterbug
on: 10/10/2010 | 09:52

Yes, I was aware of the Tesco FUP on data, but unlimited is how they market it, which will entice many people who won't read the FUP.

For many mobile users, mobile minutes is the important number, as this is the primary use of the phone. My mate has never really used mobile data before, so for him it's not an essential, more a "nice to have".

When I pointed out the 500MB limit, we then entered a discussion about "how many pages is that", and he finally decided that the limit would not be an issue for him. As I said in my original post, this has cost giffgaff three customers.

Click Here to request a die-cut giffgaff NANO-SIM with £5 credit for your iPhone 5!
To request a precut iPhone 4 microSIM with £5 bonus credit fill out this order form
For a standard SIM with £5 bonus credit please click the banner below.
Get a free Giffgaff Sim
Message 4 of 36
by: paulmitch
on: 10/10/2010 | 10:00

maybe giffgaff needs to up its min on its goody bags>>????

Message 5 of 36
by: timst
on: 10/10/2010 | 10:19
I would have pointed out the free giffgaff to giffgaff calls. They may then not need as many calls in the bundle. If is mum, dad and child. I particularly would point out that even if their loved one runs out of credit then they can still call to be picked up or whatever. This was main reason I switched
Tim

Need a sim order one here and get £5 free credit
j.mp/freeggsim
or j.mp/freemicrosim

Message 6 of 36
by: nnj10
on: 10/10/2010 | 10:43

Well this one is certainly a cracker, if you want to lock-in in a 12 month contract.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/t-mobile-simo-half-price-7-50/774393

Message 7 of 36
by: kenya
on: 10/10/2010 | 10:45

Giffgaff offers an excellent rate, however tesco mobile does not let you earn points like Giffgaff.

Giffgaff isn't just an amazing network it gives something back to the customers, something that no other network does.

Also you get free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts, this can be very useful at times.

Also Tesco mob don't give away freebies like giffgaff does

Giffgaff gives free internet to everyone till the 1st of december, dont see any other network's doing something like this.

Hope your issues get resolved, be sure to kudos helpful posts and to select an answer as a solution!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 8 of 36
by: nnj10
on: 10/10/2010 | 10:49

@kenya wrote:

Giffgaff offers an excellent rate, however tesco mobile does not let you earn points like Giffgaff.

Giffgaff isn't just an amazing network it gives something back to the customers, something that no other network does.

Also you get free giffgaff to giffgaff calls and texts, this can be very useful at times.

Also Tesco mob don't give away freebies like giffgaff does

Giffgaff gives free internet to everyone till the 1st of december, dont see any other network's doing something like this.

GiffGaff is truly amazing and that's why I am worried, whether they will be able to maintain current price structure and goodybags that are on offer.

Message 9 of 36
by: kenya
on: 10/10/2010 | 10:55

Hmmmmmmm true say, but then again i don't think Giffgaff would have given such cheap rates if they couldn't be able to maintain them

Hope your issues get resolved, be sure to kudos helpful posts and to select an answer as a solution!

Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 10 of 36