Knowledge Base
Community

New member payback offer - Feedback wanted

Started by: christian_b
On: 25/04/2014 | 08:55
Replies: 97

by: lisaferns
on: 08/05/2014 | 23:37
Rewards for being involved not sure really I'm still new and learning really getting the hang of it I think kind of anyway lol x
Message 61 of 98
by: jaymailsays
on: 08/05/2014 | 23:39
GiffGaff are in an almost unique position. They could at a stroke allow all newly activated sims free data access to the community for a limited period of say 3 months.
Its a crucial period when beginners are getting to grips with all manner of problem solving and the Community is always there to provide valuable help. Personally I do not want GG to become a version of facebook. FB probably does it better being resourced from advertising revenue streams.
PAYBACK! The question has to be asked, why can't all members be automatically signed up for it? Members should only have to register to collect it and decide as now what to do with it. If not collected after a reasonable period the payback could be donated to Charity or simply expire if GG decides the auto registering is too expensive.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 62 of 98
by: jaymailsays
on: 09/05/2014 | 01:06
The valuable space on the cc sized GG sim card and postal wrapper should be used to promote and advise about Settings, Payback, kudos, Community Forums. The cost of utilising this largly free space is negligible and is instantly un the hands of the newcomer. Surely the person we want to access it.
PAYBACK TEST! I would caution against any Test of this kind. We want our Community to be inclusive and not become a Private Club. Include free data access to the Community for all newly activated GG sims in order that we can help solve newcomers problems without delay.
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 63 of 98
Highlighted
by: christian_b
former giff-staffer

on: 09/05/2014 | 13:51

@jaymailsays wrote:
...PAYBACK! The question has to be asked, why can't all members be automatically signed up for it? Members should only have to register to collect it and decide as now what to do with it. If not collected after a reasonable period the payback could be donated to Charity or simply expire if GG decides the auto registering is too expensive.

Hi @jaymailsays 

Good news. that is how it works already Smiley Happy Every giffgaff member on the community is automatically entered into the payback system and can start earning points instantly, either through community participation or recruiting other people by their SIM referral link or by ordering SIMs and giving them to others.

This is not an exclusive thing, it just gives newer members more of a structured guide so they can grasp the payback system easier. Everyone else will still be on the regular payback system and can earn as normal.

Read my Obsessions blog and Guilty Pleasures blog

kbbanner.png     Community Guidelines     
Message 64 of 98
by: gingerseza
on: 09/05/2014 | 22:51
Knowing that you are helping people is motivation knowing ur rewarded fr doing so is a bonus
Message 65 of 98
by: adi___786
on: 10/05/2014 | 23:52
That's great
Message 66 of 98
by: nareen20395
on: 11/05/2014 | 00:36
As a new member some kind of tutorial on payback and how to use the community would be great. And easier site navigation too
Message 67 of 98
by: kd5311
on: 11/05/2014 | 00:56
Hmm even though it may be a good idea to get people involved more; the kudos receiving payback may also encourage exploitation of the system with begs for likes.
Moreover, the more you look around the website the more you find to get involved in. I think that some people will look around the website depending on whether they want to or not. Some people may find it useless as they have no interest in the forums. Personally, I think they're cool Smiley Happy
https://giffgaff.com/spread/advertise/signature_02_550x80
Message 68 of 98
by: seantad1999
on: 12/05/2014 | 09:54
As I was a new member I found the giffgaff community a hard place to work out.. I do still now even though I've been a member since 25th January 2014.. But I do keep trying to work it out Smiley Happy thanks
Message 69 of 98
by: adi___786
on: 13/05/2014 | 00:12
Nice idea
Message 70 of 98