Knowledge Base
Community

O2 customers being compensated for data outage, why not GiffGaff too?

Started by: stawberryliquorice
On: 07/12/2018 | 03:13
Replies: 6

by: stawberryliquorice
on: 07/12/2018 | 03:13

We were all hit by it- the internet/mobile phone outage. It lasted (for me) from around 4 am to around 9 pm and did heavily affect my day.

I get that it's not GiffGaff's fault, or even O2s fault. But I do think it could have been handled better.

I don't understand why we were not able to use for a short time, other mobile networks as a sort of gentlemans favor between networks.

I don't understand why it took as long as it did to fix.

I also don't understand why O2 customers are now going to be given a possible financial incentive to not leave or to say sorry or whatever, but Giffgaff have not mentioned anything.

Can I make a suggestion here to GiffGaff to obtain an apology (financial or otherwise) from O2 or Erricson or whomever the fault sits with, and then to share it out with those of us who are going to stick around?

Message 1 of 7
by: timwilliams25
on: 07/12/2018 | 07:33

My TV went off last night for 2 hours, I am looking for compensation from the TV licence company.

The week before, our water was off for 7 hours whilst a burst pipe was repaired, again, I would like some compensation.

I am sure giffgaff are as frustated as the rest of us with this issue, which I think we all agree was outside of their control.  Maybe giffgaff will offer an additional day on any active goodybags to compensate - this would probably be the fairest option.  I for one do not expect anything at all in terms of compensation, just as I would not expect anything from TV licence or Water Company.

CLICK HERE to get a free £5 credit with this giffgaff Sim order. We all like something for free!
Message 2 of 7
by: yobled
on: 07/12/2018 | 09:00
Sorry to say This is FAKE NEWS 02 has not offered or even mentioned anything about compo
Message 3 of 7
by: mrsgrowler
on: 07/12/2018 | 09:07

@yobled wrote:

Sorry to say This is FAKE NEWS 02 has not offered or even mentioned anything about compo

There are a couple of posts in H&S where people are saying that they know someone who is on O2 who has been offered £75.

However I’d be very wary of any “offer of compensation” (whichever network is making the offer) at least until this whole thing is sorted out and there is an official announcement from giffgaff on the website.

Given the number of scam texts and e-mails offering “free £10 credit” that have been doing the rounds in the last couple of weeks this whole situation must be like a christmas bonus to the scammers.

I mean if people fell for the unexpected offer of free credit how much easier will it be to offer them compensation that they are actually asking for.

So be careful out there folk!

Thank everybody you think deserves it by awarding Kudos. And give Best Answer to the post that has helped you the most
Message 4 of 7
by: alanwalton14
on: 07/12/2018 | 09:29
a month for free would be much better. as i am missing some very important texts
Message 5 of 7
by: tradertall
on: 07/12/2018 | 14:08
let's wait and see
Get a free giffgaff Sim
Message 6 of 7